• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hahaha, wow, nice.

Just read that Man United haven't conceded a penalty or been given a red card all season?! Incredible if true.
Yeah. I think they might also have the most goals scored and least conceded from set pieces. It's the little things that don't really factor in when we think about who was "the better team" in a match.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Lots. Enough to know that if you bite someone it's as grubby an act as you can perpetrate on a field.

No, I'd heard it said elsewhere you'd posted a lot of crap about this, and as I'd been away I had to read it for myself to believe it. You didn't disappoint.

Biting is the act of an utter grub. I can think of one time when it might be excusable on a sporting field, and that ould be if a bloke was raking his hand over your face to try and gouge you, and you bit his finger. Gouging and biting have to be the lowest acts on a sporting field. He should have got a year.
Haha, so you've come in like the forum sheriff? Get a grip.

Suarez's bite was so light it left no bruise nor teeth marks...and you think that is worse and worthy of a worse ban than someone getting knocked out so bad they convulse into seizures.

You're a twit and worse you don't know what you're talking about. I've moved on from the matter but you can rant on more if you like. Things mustn't be too good at home I guess.

Last edited:

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah. I think they might also have the most goals scored and least conceded from set pieces. It's the little things that don't really factor in when we think about who was "the better team" in a match.
So Stoke would beat Barca? :cool:

I think its generally under-appreciated what a culture of winning does for a team. United simply know how to win similarly to how Australia dominated cricket in the previous era. Even when they're under the pump or playing ****...they pull it out because they know what actually matters when it comes to winning and their players are set with that mentality.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yeh, only Burgey's insults should be excused. And who follows up? Two of the worst offenders when it comes to interacting with other members. You couldn't make it up.

And get your panties untied...Burgey jokes about his mrs being on his case a lot, and my comment is a harmless tease, nothing more.

Last edited:

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeh, only Burgey's insults should be excused. And who follows up? Two of the worst offenders when it comes to interacting with other members. You couldn't make it up.

And get your panties untied...Burgey jokes about his mrs being on his case a lot, and my comment is a harmless tease, nothing more.
In the court of public opinion I think you've got about as much chance of winning on that interpretation as you would of successfully defending the proverbial puppy sat next to a pile of poo - now you'll probably say that's a court where you'll never get a fair hearing, a bit like the FA Tribunal that did for that poor Mr Suarez, and the Magistrates Courts that shaft my clients on a regular basis, but sadly that's the way of the world when you try to defend the indefensible

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

You're a dick and a blight on this forum.

I should like you to understand the intensity of this conviction on my part. It is not out of any attempt to be rude that I say this, but because it is always difficult to decide how to respond to one whose ethos is so repellent common decency.

Edit: Or rather, see what Fred said.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeh, only Burgey's insults should be excused. And who follows up? Two of the worst offenders when it comes to interacting with other members.
I say some completely indefensible bull**** on here for the sake of pushing the envelope, and I know he does as well, but sledger and I would never say such a personal and line-crossing thing to someone on here. He arguably called you an idiot (even that was borderline, really). YOU then brought family into it. You don't bring family into it, ever. Perhaps you don't know what sort of line you're crossing, but that's half of my point, really.

Pothas

Actually very surprised at this from Ikki. I mean we know he is a frightful bore but never expected that sort of comment.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Ikki has coped an infraction for his post. It would be best to now move on and get the thread back on topic.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ikki crossed the line and it's been dealt with by the mod team now. I appreciate that the public call-out was probably necessary too but it's been done now as well, so hopefully the thread can get back on course.

Please try not to reply to any of the above posts.

EDIT: Ahh beaten. :p

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
In the court of public opinion I think you've got about as much chance of winning on that interpretation as you would of successfully defending the proverbial puppy sat next to a pile of poo - now you'll probably say that's a court where you'll never get a fair hearing, a bit like the FA Tribunal that did for that poor Mr Suarez, and the Magistrates Courts that shaft my clients on a regular basis, but sadly that's the way of the world when you try to defend the indefensible
I can't say anything other than I meant it as a teasing comment - because, in all honestly, thats what it was. And I rarely (basically never) get that kind of personal, so its surprising to me that people think I am. If Burgey has taken it as more then I apologise to him sincerely. I don't wish him ill despite that we might not see eye to eye.

Frankly, who gives a **** about Suarez or anyone else over a member here or a family member of theirs.

Last edited:

social

C'mon guys

I like Burgey and one of his comments about Suarez made me laugh out loud BUT the guy hates football and came on here looking for a bite

On the other hand, Ikki is a slightly delusional 'pool supporter but I don't think he meant anything by it

If he did, pistols at dawn at my place - just don't let the undertaker wake me up

Fusion

Global Moderator
Again, the matter has been dealt with and we’d appreciate it if everyone moved on and got back on topic.