• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Interesting that the FA panel have said that the Suarez incident was considered in isolation and that his previous record was not considered. I assumed that the 10 games must have been at least partially because of his previous, but I imagine this will raise some questions.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting that the FA panel have said that the Suarez incident was considered in isolation and that his previous record was not considered. I assumed that the 10 games must have been at least partially because of his previous, but I imagine this will raise some questions.
Not only did they not take into account his past actions - which makes a mockery of the 10 match ban considering that is what every Tom, Dick and Luis thought was being used to get to that number - they didn't even compare it with previous bite cases but this:

The Commisson did not take into account that no further action was taken against Jermain Defoe in 2006, and instead used the case of Brighton's Ashley Barnes, banned for a total of seven games for tripping up a referee, to judge the length of Suarez's ban.
Did you also read Ferguson's interview? Basically came out calling the FA a joke and that Liverpool did the right thing not applying their own bans for him. I agree.

I reckon Luis basically has accepted the ban because its a lose-lose situation for him. Get it shortened and people will think he has gotten away with something and there is more ill-will towards him. Get it lengthened instead and he is on the sidelines even more. What a ****-up this whole thing was. The only good thing, hopefully, will be that Suarez will stop with this nonsense that aids nothing to his game.

Last edited:

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Got in with 10 minutes left. Thought about putting a few quid on the draw so that I'd be happy either way. Decided against it. ****s.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
The Greens celebrating finishing 21st in League Two for the second year in a row. Excuses last year due to being in adminstration and using schoolboys and park players for the first half of the season. This season is just pure incompetent neglect and putting together a **** team. Hopefully the same mistake won't be made again this summer.
(Yes I know no one else cares but..................)

Eds

International Debutant
He's great against substandard opposition.
You can only play what's in front of you and the only top teams he's played against since joining are Spurs and Chelsea and he got <60 minutes in both.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
True, but there's only so many conclusions one can draw from him steamrolling terrible oppo. And Newcastle have been absolutely ****e this year.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, guy on 606 who made a £500 bet in the last minute of the Brentford match, on Trotta to score first...

Robbie Savage has just offered to pay him back :laugh:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well we always were **** at penalties.

Just so cruel, don't even want to think about play-offs now.