• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It would be absolutely piss weak if Liverpool got rid of Suarez.
Yeah there is simply no way that Liverpool can afford to 'get rid' of Suarez. In fact him being such a **** might be what allows them to keep him.
If Rodgers doesn't realise Suarez has been carrying Liverpool pretty much since he arrived he's an even bigger wuckfit than he seems.

If he gets less than Eric's six months he's been lucky.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
You reckon it's as bad as what Cantona did?

I'd be inclined to agree with Pothas - 10 games seems about right.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You reckon it's as bad as what Cantona did?

I'd be inclined to agree with Pothas - 10 games seems about right.
Cantona's was worse. I don't think it's worse than, say, Souness, who was loving his moral high ground yesterday evening, breaking someone's jaw on the pitch. But considering the fact that he's done it before I think he should get a very long ban.

flibbertyjibber

I guess Liverpool could sell Suarez, sign Remy from QPR and still have lots of money left to replace Carragher and strengthen other areas. Can't see him being sold but he may want to leave now anyway. May be his way of getting a transfer is turning vampire. Could always solve it by asking Gerrard to punch his teeth out and let his mates take the blame.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As LFC is a business, I cant see them selling him now/summer as:

a. his market value will have plummeted after yesterday; and

b. they would be inundated by the likes of Juventus and <insert random South American club here> offering loan deals with options to buy later

They simply need to hope that he isnt rubbed out for too much of next season

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
They're looking at a mid-table finish even with him in the side tbf.
Not if they continue to build around him. If they sell him, they basically have to start again from where they were two seasons ago except Gerrard is two years older. If they buy smart this off-season they could be challenging top 5 next year.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Not if they continue to build around him. If they sell him, they basically have to start again from where they were two seasons ago except Gerrard is two years older. If they buy smart this off-season they could be challenging top 5 next year.
Was referring to this season tbf. Though will concede I was being a little optimistic, as I doubt they will finish below 7th, which is probably a bit too high to be considered proper mid-table.

I'd expect to see them in the top 5 next season, but for them to break back into the Champions League spaces I think they'd have to buy and sell exceptionally well, and hope that at least 2 of Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs regress pretty drastically.

Pothas

Can't really see any of those 3 declining dramatically, even if Spurs lose Bale they will have loads of money to strengthen the squad. Liverpool will need Suarez if they have any chance of breaking into the top 5.

Uppercut

It's also precisely for these reasons they might be forced to sell him though. Brand imaging and the effect it could have on sponsorship income etc...
I don't think it'll be a huge problem for any of those things. It would be nice to think that markets will somehow punish Liverpool for employing a scumbag but they won't. The unfortunate truth is that Suarez is definitely worth persisting with. In the same way that Cantona was, and Balotelli wasn't.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
There's no way Bale is at Spurs next season, surely, so there's a spot opening chance (not guaranteed of course). I don't see Chelsea being much worse next season but maybe Arsenal, unpredictable and fragile. In any case, if they keep Suarez and buy 1 or 2 good players in midfield/defence they could give it a run. Without him, they're **** on a stick.

Pothas

Yeah agree. Spurs will get **** loads for Bale though surley? Depends how much of it Levy is willing to spend and if they make the champions league or not, but you would imagine they would be able to bring in 3 or 4 good players.

Don't really see Arsenal falling away that badly unless Wenger leaves in the summer, which does not seem at all likely.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
Yeah agree. Spurs will get **** loads for Bale though surley? Depends how much of it Levy is willing to spend and if they make the champions league or not, but you would imagine they would be able to bring in 3 or 4 good players.

Don't really see Arsenal falling away that badly unless Wenger leaves in the summer, which does not seem at all likely.
Levy isn't well known for his re-investing. Even if he does, 3 or 4 new players into a team isn't a recipe for instant success. Arsenal (or any of those teams, for that matter) don't have to fall away dramatically for Liverpool to challenge them. I never said they would definitely finish above them, just that if they sell Suarez, they have absolutely no hope of challenging them.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I don't think it'll be a huge problem for any of those things. It would be nice to think that markets will somehow punish Liverpool for employing a scumbag but they won't. The unfortunate truth is that Suarez is definitely worth persisting with. In the same way that Cantona was, and Balotelli wasn't.
Dunno, Liverpool are a big enough brand to attract a decent sponsorship revenue in any event, but I wouldn't rule them out taking a hit over the short term etc... Look how quickly sponsors distanced themselves from Pistorious and Jade Goody after their (ahem) indiscretions. Completely different circumstances obvs, but still.