• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Suarez has apparently issued a full apology for his "inexcusable behaviour" both informally on Twitter and formally through a club statement so there can be no defence of bad camera angle or misunderstanding or that's-just-how-we-do-it-in-Uruguay.

It would seem that the only remaining question is the length of the ban.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It would be absolutely piss weak if Liverpool got rid of Suarez.
Haha, not sure if I can think of many jobs where you could expect to not get the sack if you bit someone whilst at work tbh.

I imagine he'd probably have been sold in the summer anyway, so I don't think they'll "get rid" of him, over this incident. If they did I don't think you could describe it as weak. Though obvs they'd be the main ones to suffer if they did decide to boot him.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah there is simply no way that Liverpool can afford to 'get rid' of Suarez. In fact him being such a **** might be what allows them to keep him.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Will be interesting to see what sort of ban he gets, as this is surely on a par with the Evra incident in terms of direness. In fact this is probably worse in a lot of ways.

The more I see it and think about it, the more I just cannot understand what on earth he was thinking. It's just incredulous.

grecian

Yeah there is simply no way that Liverpool can afford to 'get rid' of Suarez. In fact him being such a **** might be what allows them to keep him.

I dunno, hard to know how someone borderline-psycho can have an averse effect on the side, they could sell him and buy three decent players, who won't be suspended for important part of the seasons.

He can apologize, but this behaviour is really an unavoidable rush-of-blood, so obviously going to be caught, but he just doesn't think in these instances, the man is deranged.

get rid, for loads of money, buy sane people.

Pothas

Got 10 games for his bite at Ajax didn't he? I thought something similar here would be fine. It is a ridiculous and disgusting thing to do but more dangerous things happen on football pitch on a regular basis.

Pothas

I dunno, hard to know how someone borderline-psycho can have an averse effect on the side, they could sell him and buy three decent players, who won't be suspended for important part of the seasons.

He can apologize, but this behaviour is really an unavoidable rush-of-blood, so obviously going to be caught, but he just doesn't think in these instances, the man is deranged.

get rid, for loads of money, buy sane people.
Depends how much money they can get for him though. If they can sell him for 30 million then fair enough, but would anyone be willing to pay that given his behaviour?

Liverpool are an average team with a lot of average players but they have one quite brilliant player, imagine where they would be without him this season.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Got 10 games for his bite at Ajax didn't he? I thought something similar here would be fine. It is a ridiculous and disgusting thing to do but more dangerous things happen on football pitch on a regular basis.
I think something in that range would be suitable. In any case, I don't think the FA can afford to be lenient here, it would set a terrible precedent. I mean, this isn't an act of recklessness or aggression, or a poorly timed or deliberately mistimed tackle - the kind of things most sports have an equivalent of...it's literally just a brazen attempt at a physical assault, and a pretty despicable one at that.

I don't think it's really about the level of danger, it's more the fact that this sort of behaviour just isn't acceptable, anywhere, ever! I find the whole "players are meant to be role models" thing a bit tedious, but in this case I'm quite sympathetic to those sorts of views. It's just crazy, really crazy. As Grecian said, the guy must be genuinely deranged.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Such a terribly flawed genius. By all accounts a great guy off the pitch, but a beanbag on it.

Fine him, ban him and move on I guess. Who knows anymore. Haha.

VCC44

School Boy/Girl Captain
I think something in that range would be suitable. In any case, I don't think the FA can afford to be lenient here, it would set a terrible precedent. I mean, this isn't an act of recklessness or aggression, or a poorly timed or deliberately mistimed tackle - the kind of things most sports have an equivalent of...it's literally just a brazen attempt at a physical assault, and a pretty despicable one at that.

I don't think it's really about the level of danger, it's more the fact that this sort of behaviour just isn't acceptable, anywhere, ever! I find the whole "players are meant to be role models" thing a bit tedious, but in this case I'm quite sympathetic to those sorts of views. It's just crazy, really crazy. As Grecian said, the guy must be genuinely deranged.
I think that's a very important point. There are bad tackles etc but they can be accepted in the main as they are the sort of things that you have to expect in a sport such as football. Biting however? No-one surely should ever go on the pitch thinking there is a chance someone is going to try and bite their arm like its a chicken drumstick.

Last edited: