• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
His front foot defending is really good, though. He's actually a really similar player to Thomas Vermaelen. Plenty of goals, plenty of horrible mistakes, poor in his own box but great at winning the ball at the halfway line.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He'll always be massively under-rated in this country because he's about as far away from the typical "British" centre half as you can get.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Suarez, RVP, Bale, Mata, Hazard and Carrick nominated for the PFA player of the year. Carrick lol.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, being the most used and consistent player in the Champions team is clearly not worthy of such a nomination.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, being the most used and consistent player in the Champions team is clearly not worthy of such a nomination.
Ahh, so that's what the best player is.

I watch a lot of United because of my cousin and generally think Carrick has been underrated...but he is not the best CM/DM in the league, let alone one of the best players overall. I am very surprised Cazorla wasn't nominated.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Doesn't matter, the winner will be RVP, Suarez or Bale. Don't forget though, this was voted by those who've played against him this season so it's not to be sniffed at.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Doesn't matter, the winner will be RVP, Suarez or Bale. Don't forget though, this was voted by those who've played against him this season so it's not to be sniffed at.
Suarez is the POTY...but he isn't going to win it precisely because other players are voting. It will be RVP or Bale. Probably Bale.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The fact that Hazard has been nominated over Michu is a joke.

But yeah, Bale is winning this. Or at least should do. Not that it really matters anyway.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Amazed Michu missed out, and surprised by Hazard's inclusion. Carrick has been outstanding this season so I'm really pleased he got a nod, not that he'll win it obviously as it's a three-way race between RVP, Suarez and Bale. I reckon Bale will walk the Football Writers award but this one could go any way.

Young Player nominees FWIW:

Bale
Benteke
Hazard
Lukaku
Welbeck
Wilshere

I would definitely have found a spot for Nastasic, I think he's been superb.

Last edited:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Ahh, so that's what the best player is.

I watch a lot of United because of my cousin and generally think Carrick has been underrated...but he is not the best CM/DM in the league, let alone one of the best players overall. I am very surprised Cazorla wasn't nominated.
He's been very close to it this season IMO.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, Wilshere and Welbeck in particular are hardly deserving of selection. In fact neither is Hazard, come to think of it. Should have thought Oscar was more deserving itbt.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Blimey, I had always assumed Nastasic was in his mid 20s for some reason. Looks much older than someone who only recently turned 20. Has shouldered his responsibilities well for someone of his age.

Also, somewhat surprising Baines wasn't considered for the main award too, for mine.