• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I dunno, I would have to see it again and cbf.

It annoys me when players hold onto the ball like that. It's too easy to take time out of the game when you're winning in football, there's a whole art form to making a goal kick take 3 minutes. Rugby is just miles ahead on that kind of thing- if you touch the ball at all after it's awarded to the other team you're penalised, and the clock freezes when the ball goes out of play for any length of time.
You should watch the arab teams play (clubs or countries). They are disgraceful at it. They fall at every opportunity and take an age to take any throw-in/goal-kick/free-kick, etc. It hasn't gotten that bad in Europe but they should really do it like Rugby, as you say.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
At least they evened themselves out. Was supporting Dortmund but do feel a bit sorry for Malaga. Would have been quite the fairytale for them, especially given their current financial situation.
Have to say these feelings are retracting a tad after the Malaga President's comments. Disappointing to say the least.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I'm starting to come round to the idea that football should be 2 halves of 30 minutes with the clock stopping when the ball isn't in play.
Yeah, I mean we can argue the toss over how long a game should be, but UC is so right about rugby.

Fans know exactly how long is left and the injury times would feel a lot less arbitrary.

Of all the major ball sports football seems uniquely antitpathetic to technology for whatever reason, so not holding me breath.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have to say these feelings are retracting a tad after the Malaga President's comments. Disappointing to say the least.
President has been the one that has caused them all the problems so still feel sorry for the players and especially Pellegrini who has done a fantastic job and came back from his fathers funeral a couple of days ago.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Got tickets to see Liverpool in Melbourne. :) At the front of the middle of the Aussie Kop, can not wait.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah City maybe, think we can probably expect them to spend very big this summer but we know he is never going to Arsenal.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
FMD this co-commentator on the Spurs game is a proper ****ing tube. Just spent the whole second half saying Spurs need to "get it down and string a few passes together", now he's decided they "haven't helped themselves by trying to be a bit too intricate, sometimes you just need to get it forward and see what happens".