• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just hope Moyes has found a new team before Wenger decides to pack in at Arsenal. Plenty of rumours going around that he'd be considered as a replacement, which for my money would be a terrible idea.
Yeah I can't see it happening. They'll bring in someone from overseas.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah I can't see it happening. They'll bring in someone from overseas.
I'd be shocked if it happened as well, but stranger things have happened. If there's really no immediately suitable options elsewhere I could see him really being considered.

Hopefully Michael Laudrup won't have moved to Real/Barca by that time :ph34r:

I love that guy, he is just so cool.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Doesn't need to be a BIG job though to get more money than at Everton. As some have already said, Sunderland and Stoke have spunked huge wads on dross in recent years.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Sunderland AFC ‏@SAFCofficial 1m
Sunderland AFC have confirmed the appointment of Paolo Di Canio as Head Coach on a two and a half year deal.

Big risk.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'd be shocked if it happened as well, but stranger things have happened. If there's really no immediately suitable options elsewhere I could see him really being considered.

Hopefully Michael Laudrup won't have moved to Real/Barca by that time :ph34r:

I love that guy, he is just so cool.
Brian's ***ier.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How Wonderfully insane this appointment is. can't really see any good coming from it.

I approve:lol:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Oh and David Miliband has resigned as their Vice Chairman due to Di Canio's previous support to fascism.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well, if they were going to sack O'Neil it should have been for someone who could really come in and shake things up, I guess Di Canio is fairly capable of that. Maybe he can fire up the team and pull them through.

Will be interesting, and probably amusing, to see.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Hendo WAG. Can't remember my views being changed so much on a player within a year.

Gerrard was incredible too.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Hendo WAG. Can't remember my views being changed so much on a player within a year.

Gerrard was incredible too.
Yeah, Henderson has been impressive this season, credit to him the way he's turned it around.

Gerrard had a good game today, but he seems to have a curious power over Liverpool fans - which I suppose he's earned over the balance of his career - in that he never seems to just "play well" but rather is always "incredible" or "unbelievable" any time he's above average.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Suarez was the key man for them today, IMO. Lots of what he tried turned out ****e but something always seems likely to happen when he has the ball. Can't believe Villa would have conceded that pen had any other player been in that exact position.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Gerrard had a good game today, but he seems to have a curious power over Liverpool fans - which I suppose he's earned over the balance of his career - in that he never seems to just "play well" but rather is always "incredible" or "unbelievable" any time he's above average.
Yeah, probably a fair comment. Stand by it for this game though, was everywhere, probably had more touches than anyone else, and the clearance off his line was immense.

Can't believe he hasn't missed a minute of Prem football this season at 32yo.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah he is pretty great, he is almost as cool as Uwe Rosler.
His granddad bombed Old Trafford, tbf. Hard to compete with that in the low temperature stakes.

Di Canio 4 the Mackems is properly mental. As a club from one of the most resolutely working class (formerly) industrial areas of the country, I imagine there's quite a few of their fans absolutely overjoyed to have a mercurial fascist in charge.