• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, I think Keane is the best ITV pundit. BBC pundits on the whole are pretty dire though, as you've alluded to. I don't mind Hansen that much tbh, he's a bit of a windbag, but I still quite enjoy listening to him from time to time though. The rest of their crew are distinctly irksome, however. Lawro, Shearer, Motson, Bright, and Lineker being the main offenders. All either crap/odious or both.

Don't mind Jonathan Pearce though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Will be itstl if Arsenal get Hernandez as part of the Van Persie deal. Wouldn't be opposed to that tbh.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Apparently Song has been told he can do one with his attitude. Which is why he turned our nose up at M'Villa too. Also why RVP was told he had to go after his statement on his website. Wenger ruling with an iron fist.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Hear we've got some quality loan deals in the mix with Sahin and Johnson. Would love them to come over, hopefully with options to buy.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I think Keane is the best ITV pundit. BBC pundits on the whole are pretty dire though, as you've alluded to. I don't mind Hansen that much tbh, he's a bit of a windbag, but I still quite enjoy listening to him from time to time though. The rest of their crew are distinctly irksome, however. Lawro, Shearer, Motson, Bright, and Lineker being the main offenders. All either crap/odious or both.
Linekar and Shearer are just far too bland to be offensively bad and Lawro, believe it or not, getting worse - spending half the time moaning at players to get up at the Euros is obviously good enough for the beeb.

Motson's actually pretty decent, you can genuinely tell that he has a passion for the game.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Linekar and Shearer are just far too bland to be offensively bad and Lawro, believe it or not, getting worse - spending half the time moaning at players to get up at the Euros is obviously good enough for the beeb.

Motson's actually pretty decent, you can genuinely tell that he has a passion for the game.
Lineker is just smug and annoying. Shearer's just a bit of a knobhead, and has been since his days as a player. There are worse people out there in the world of football punditry though, I will concede that.

I find Motson really irritating though, he may have a passion for the game, but you could walk into a pub anywhere in the country and find someone who'd have it in equal measure. He rarely has anything interesting to say and just drones on and on. I used to like him when I was a kid, but get the feeling he's well and truly gone past his best. Listening to him isn't like listening to a commentary at all, it's more like a narrative.

Worst thing, is that he gets invited onto the BBC sofa as some sort of footballing authority, but he's just a commentator ffs. He might have watched a lot (and I'll admit, it really must be an awful lot), but he's never had any professional involvement in the game whatsoever.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Do any followers of the Dutch League here know anything about Vurnon Anita? My knowledge of it is pretty shamefully inept so I have no idea what he's like.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tipping Stoke to get dragged into the relegation scrap this year myself.
Yeah, actually, don't want to get into wishful-thinking, but they looked ragged last year, and their play-maker Delap isn't getting any younger.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, they don't seem to ever really get any better, whereas the teams coming up have been of a consistently decent standard for the most part.

Agent TBY

International Captain
He has all of one assist in a best of video where the defenders let him run all day instead of cynically hacking him down. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.