• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Lost interest in it all, but apparently he did it in the last break as well so it's all OK. Difference being he didn't turn down his country in the last break based on an excuse which is bollocks.

Besides there's more important things to worry about today - a club with no ground for example.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Honestly I think most teams in La Liga and a good few in the Premiership have a player that can do Ikki describes as 'world class,' whatever he means by this. If you are a decent player who plays in a side that likes to keep possession then your passing stats are going to look pretty good.
In La Liga, sure. In the EPL it is tougher because of the pace of the game combined with the physicality and the lack of protection from the refs. Although I don't think Allen is an unbelievable player or anything of that sort, its clear I rate him higher than you.

So how much do you rate Fletcher for us then, because that's the job he does without being spectacular, and my personal opinion is he did it better than Allen does (not to mention the other facets, such as gettin in some decent tackles and actually scoring the odd key goal)
I rate Fletcher highly to be frank, although stylistically they're a bit different. Allen because of his height has a very low centre of gravity and I think that helps him in tighter situations. Shame for you guys he's had fitness problems.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
In Rio's defense, I'm sure periods of rest will be part of a fitness program. England are also playing San Marino; who may not get a shot on goal the whole game anyway.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
In Rio's defense, I'm sure periods of rest will be part of a fitness program. England are also playing San Marino; who may not get a shot on goal the whole game anyway.

There is another game next week, you know ...

Even if not playing against SM meant he didn't automatically start next week, he'd be a pretty handy option if need arose.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Yes, I think he was only really being thought of for the second game as we're all aware of his condition, but Sir Alex decided that (as against Brazil) he picks the England team.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yes, I think he was only really being thought of for the second game as we're all aware of his condition, but Sir Alex decided that (as against Brazil) he picks the England team.
Not enough club managers put their foot down when it comes to international selection.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does no one else think that maybe flying somewhere might probably have a tiny bit less of an effect on your fitness than playing an international football match?

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Nor should they when it comes to competitive fixtures.
They've got every right to. It's the clubs that pay the players' wages.

The injury rules need changed IMO, if a club decides that a player isn't fit enough for international duty then that's that.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Does no one else think that maybe flying somewhere might probably have a tiny bit less of an effect on your fitness than playing an international football match?
Depends on what the condition that's being managed is, I suppose.

Rio being a blithering twatt isn't exactly news tho, is it?

Never liked the bloke.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
They've got every right to. It's the clubs that pay the players' wages.

The injury rules need changed IMO, if a club decides that a player isn't fit enough for international duty then that's that.
Nah that's ridiculous.

I think the qualifying system needs a rethink. Could maybe have a shorter season and play the qualifiers in pre-season. Would mean Brazilians etc. could just stay in South America for a month rather than flying back and forth all season, and I'd genuinely look forward to the qualifiers rather than thinking "oh **** it's an international weekend" every time they're played.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Nah, there should be pre-qualifiers.

It's ****ing ridiculous that time is wasted with fixtures like England v San Marino.