Page 155 of 343 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 5141

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    ****ing football, conceded two ridiculously soft goals today. Tranmere and Doncaster lost again so a massive wasted opportunity.

Anyway on the Bale thing he has quite clearly improved a great deal this season. The strange thing is that the one side in the world that I think would not really benefit from signing him is Real Madrid.
    Tighter than Sledger when it's his round up at the top of league One. We'll still win it though, obv
    #JFT96
    "I can't promise anyone success but I can promise them a trip to the moon." - John King
    SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web Staff Member fredfertang's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Tighter than Sledger when it's his round up at the top of league One. We'll still win it though, obv
    A tad harsh, sledger has a lot of expenses atm

Yeah, shelled out loads on dinner last night ftr. Worth it though. Food wasn't bad either.

Simon Champion!
    That Ronaldo fella who is worse than Bale scored a hattrick and got a assist before going off at the hour mark against Sevilla.

Simon Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    In random order

Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Zlatan, Falcao, RVP, Cavani, Suarez, Pirlo, Fabregas and Yaya all comfortably ahead and then there's a whole host of people who I don't see any reason why he should be ahead of - Neymar, Aguero, Ribery, Mata, Schweinsteiger, Goetze, Reus, Kroos - hell Santi, Ozil.
    I've not even mentioned defenders or keepers - Silva, Ramos, Chiellini, hell even Kompany even though he's not been quite so great this year.
    Vidal has been insane for Juve this season, likewise Hamsik for Napoli. Lewandowski's been banging in goals for fun.

There are so many players that Bale is closer to in terms of ability than Ronaldo it's not even funny.
    No inclusion of Rooney ?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    It does when Stelling is suggesting that Cristiano "6ft 2 and built like a brick ****house" Ronaldo is weaker and less powerful than Gareth "looks like a chimp" Bale.
    Haha it's as if he's never watched Ronaldo in his life. He surely must just be trolling though.

In random order

Messi, Ronaldo, Xavi, Iniesta, Zlatan, Falcao, RVP, Cavani, Suarez, Pirlo, Fabregas ... Neymar, Aguero, Ribery, Mata, Schweinsteiger, Goetze, Reus, Kroos - hell Santi, Ozil ...
    Silva, Ramos, Chiellini, hell even Kompany even though he's not been quite so great this
    A lot of those players aren't really comparable. I see your point but Bale's so spectacular to watch, he just constantly scores incredible goals and has the potential to be the best in the world. I don't really know why you're bothering to be cynical about him.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    No inclusion of Rooney ?
    Interestingly enough (or not) I feel quite similarly about Rooney as I do Bale. But yeah, he should be in there somewhere too probs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    A lot of those players aren't really comparable. I see your point but Bale's so spectacular to watch, he just constantly scores incredible goals and has the potential to be the best in the world. I don't really know why you're bothering to be cynical about him.
    Because he's a massive **** and I hate him, probs.

Because he's a massive **** and I hate him, probs.
    Haha, tbf, this is probably why I don't rate him quite as highly as most other people do either. There's just something not quite right about him, or he's missing something, that prevents him from really being in that top bracket of players for mine.

That said, I'm probably only saying this because he's a Spurs player, and I'm determined to find a way to not like him.

Used to find him anoying but he is just doing ridiculous things on such a regular basis, I mean he pretty much only scores really good goals.

Quote Originally Posted by Cevno View Post
    That Ronaldo fella who is worse than Bale scored a hattrick and got a assist before going off at the hour mark against Sevilla.
    Really looking forward to Wednesday could be superb, two clubs really I don't like but they have produced some of the greatest games.

If both attack it could be ridiculous but it is unlikely, sure United are not stupid enough to do that, may have to wait for the second leg for the fireworks.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Bournemouth are going up, them and one other.

Really like this Bees side but we are starting to do the standard Brentford thing whenever they get a chance of getting out this league. Long way to go though,

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Yeah hard to look past Bournemouth. We should have enough if Wallace comes back soon. Typically when we win it quickly becomes multiple victories so hopefully we turn flibberty's lot over on Friday.

Any side in the top 5 that can string together 5 wins or so will be set.

Barry

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Haha, tbf, this is probably why I don't rate him quite as highly as most other people do either. There's just something not quite right about him, or he's missing something, that prevents him from really being in that top bracket of players for mine.

That said, I'm probably only saying this because he's a Spurs player, and I'm determined to find a way to not like him.
    He's very similar to Ronaldo in 05/06, just before he became amazing. Lots of pace and power, a brutal shot, tends not to track back in a position where he really should, loses the ball a bit too often, unbelievable goals becoming increasingly common, obviously inflated opinion of himself. Bale-skeptics might technically be right at the moment but you get the feeling some of the things they say will end up looking pretty stupid in a few years time.

I don't particularly want to join the Hart bashing bandwagon, but why didn't he... err... dive?
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Thread Information