Cricket Player Manager
Page 15 of 343 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    TBF, Song's appearance record is less than sterling, when he plays he's great.
    I think his appearance record is more than reasonable to be honest. He's played in 122 of Arsenal's last 152 Premiership matches apparently. Had more assists than any other Arsenal player last year as well.

If Arsenal really get a too good to refuse offer then I suppose his sale, though regrettable, would be understandable. Just can't fathom how anyone could think getting him out the door is something that should be actively pursued though. Easily one of the most important players in the side for mine. Even if someone doubts his overall quality, he's an established first team player with Premiership experience, and would be hard to replace. He's a really crucial cog in the team imo, you only have to look through all of Arsenal's goals from last season to see how many come from him winning the ball or scoring/assisting them himself to see that.
    Last edited by sledger; 09-08-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Song's awesome. The complete midfielder- keeps the ball, breaks up the other team's play and creates goals. Carrick's (deservedly) holding down a place at United just by keeping the ball.

He's just not a highlight reel player. If a player doesn't do something to warrant a feature on MOTD they almost always end up underrated by casual fans.
    Last edited by Uppercut; 09-08-2012 at 04:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Disagree on the evidence of last season.
    Alex Song - Forward |11/12| - YouTube

Song's made a lot of hero assists in his time here, just he now thinks he's a playmaker and not a defensive midfielder so leaves the dirty work to the others a lot of the time. If he's not signing a new contract get rid and buy M'Vila. Same goes for Theo, no new contract then out the door and someone else in.

Chances of us having an RVP situation with these two next year?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    True, a Duffer "heh" is like 50 likes.

Song is contracted till 2015 though. So if he's not immediately prepared to sign a new deal I don't see that as being particularly problematic. In any case, I don't see his venturing forward as being a major issue. These days you rarely see defensive midfield players who are only expected to sit in front of the defence, win the ball and lay it off - especially in good sides. Far more is expected of Khedira, Busquets, Javi Martinez, Xabi Alonso, Cambiasso and Joao Moutinho when the play in that role after all...

Imagine a new Theo contract is imminent as well. The fact that his contract has barely been mentioned at all over the last few months suggests that unless he suddenly does a Nasri and decides he wants out at the last minute he'll be signing on. I imagine the reason behind that is because he's been clever enough to work out that no team who will pay him more than Arsenal will would actually want him.
    Last edited by sledger; 10-08-2012 at 03:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pup Clarke View Post
    Podolski is gash, honestly stick Theo up top and he'll really come good.
    He was in the Euros but fair effort to score as many goals as he did for Koln last year. Usually the reverse where he is very good for Germany and a nonentity at club level. Not sure he will be a regular starter, competing for a place with Gervinho it looks.

Cazorla is a great signing.

Eds
    Allen completes Liverpool move - Liverpool FC

.. for what I can only assume, is 15m.

It's exciting to see we're going for a player in his mould, and he's certainly got a big future, but we're overpaying again, which is incredibly frustrating.
    "If that Swann lad is the future of spin bowling in this country, then we're ****ed." - Nasser Hussain, 1997.

Quote Originally Posted by Eds View Post

It's exciting to see we're going for a player in his mould, and he's certainly got a big future, but we're overpaying again, which is incredibly frustrating.
    Well he's a bargain compared to Downing, Carroll or Henderson, he can actually play football.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eds View Post

Reckon he's actually decently priced. Was one of the best (most successful) passers in the top leagues in Europe last year, knows the premier league and is only 22.

Hope these rumours of us getting Adam Johnson is true, especially since Bellamy has gone.
    ★★★★★

So El Hadji goes to Leeds, they really are the receptacle of all evil nowadays, good to see.

'I think he will be the first to go and good riddance - I hope he goes abroad because I won't miss watching him. He is a nasty little person.'

Neil Warnock launches 'sewer rat' verbal attack on Blackburn's El-Hadji Diouf | Mail Online

Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    'I think he will be the first to go and good riddance - I hope he goes abroad because I won't miss watching him. He is a nasty little person.'

Neil Warnock launches 'sewer rat' verbal attack on Blackburn's El-Hadji Diouf | Mail Online
    A classic quote from Colin in there

Quote Originally Posted by wanker
    'I can't abide people like that, I don't know why he wants to take on the world every week.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    So El Hadji goes to Leeds, they really are the receptacle of all evil nowadays, good to see.
    First good thing Leeds have done in decades.

Suspect it may all end in tears.

International Vice-Captain MW1304's Avatar
    Didn't even realise the shield was today.

We've already seen a much sharper looking Torres, as I reckon most would have expected, and some diabolical refereeing, as everyone permanently expects.

Thread Information