• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Stoked with the Champions League draw. If all goes to plan it should be Spain's finest v Germany's finest in the Semi's. Juve in with a shout though.

Yeah, I don't want to do an "I told you so"*, but this years euro comp has shown what a lot of us has been saying for ages the Premiership has fallen behind, we used to have 4 very decent sides competing in Europe, we now have one, Man U, and they only have become decent since RVP joined. The bizarre Chelski win last year, rather masked our shortcomings.

It's all cyclical though, no reason why the Prem shouldn't come back, they've got the money.

*who am I kidding, I loves it
Indeed. There were three English sides in the 2008/09 semi's, now there are none in the quarters. If the trend continues, the Prem is in danger of losing their fourth spot in the CL aren't they? That would be terrible news for Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think so. They might fall behind Germany into third but they would still get four spots. Would have to fall behind Italy and I would imagine that is a long way off.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Stoked with the Champions League draw. If all goes to plan it should be Spain's finest v Germany's finest in the Semi's. Juve in with a shout though.

Indeed. There were three English sides in the 2008/09 semi's, now there are none in the quarters. If the trend continues, the Prem is in danger of losing their fourth spot in the CL aren't they? That would be terrible news for Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs.
UEFA Country Ranking 2013

Knock yourself out.

England haven't been worse than 3rd since 2005/06, so it's unlikely they will lose top-3 over 5 years any time soon.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The good news for the Prem is that La Liga's current superiority definitely isn't sustainable- it's too much of a mess financially. Malaga aren't even allowed into Europe next season.

Pothas

Yeah La Liga is ridiculously badly organized but they are just about getting away with it because they produce such a large number of really good players.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think so. They might fall behind Germany into third but they would still get four spots. Would have to fall behind Italy and I would imagine that is a long way off.
It will take 2 more seasons of doing badly for that to happen, i think and can't see that. United could have reached the Semi's at least this season, while Arsenal with a better draw could have reached the quarters. And you would imagine with better managers even Chelsea and City won't continue to underachieve like they did. Chelsea won't get the tougher group either as they will get the higher seeding taking their own place rather than Spurs'.

Spurs should go decently too, if they qualify and add 1/2 players. It's really a transition period for some the elite teams and yet they have underachieved in terms of where they got too.

Plus Europa league also counts for that Co efficient and England should have 2 out of 4 Semi finalists there. Germany hardly seem to have that much quality depth beyond Dortmund/Bayern.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It was but Everton had a perfectly good goal not given in 1st half. City are so slow though considering they have spent so much cash. No pace at all.
Their transfer record for the past two seasons has been pretty poor on the whole tbh. Not only have they overspent, but they've just brought in loads of players who have under-performed and/or had no impact. What's worse, is that even at the time of purchase, a lot of them looked very dubious from the get go.

Buck should stop with Mancini imo. Not good tactically, has been awful in the transfer market. Should be sacked.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Pathetic from LFC. Rodgers repeating old mistakes with the lineup, and a few players just look tired/nonplussed. Johnson was horrendous. Fairplay to Soton though, played really well.

Sounds like a top win from Arsenal too.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Pathetic from LFC. Rodgers repeating old mistakes with the lineup, and a few players just look tired/nonplussed. Johnson was horrendous. Fairplay to Soton though, played really well.

Sounds like a top win from Arsenal too.
Yeah, was about to say the same thing actually. Didn't see the game, but sounds like Rodgers made some very questionable calls by putting Skrtel and Allen back in the team today. Sounds like they both had shocking games as well.

Huge win for Arsenal though. Sounds like Koscielny absolutely bossed it. Vermaelen probably bricking it right about now. Sounds like the whole defence was really solid, in fact. Monreal and Jenkinson looking good.

Scaly piscine

Liverpool just reverting to type really. They were consistent earlier in the season when they beat weaker sides and couldn't beat top half sides. Now they're back to being erratic due not having the depth to string performances together.