Page 148 of 343 FirstFirst ... 4898138146147148149150158198248 ... LastLast
Results 2,206 to 2,220 of 5141

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Quote Originally Posted by Ikki View Post
    It was a huge error. There was no reason for him to be that far out. Aguero is going away from goal and we have defenders covering centrally and Skrtel is not far off him either. It was a tough angle and Aguero did well...but Reina should not be anywhere near there.
    My take on it too. He didn't need to come out that far in the first place, and he compounded the error by initially pursuing Aguero when he ran away from the goal.

The shrug of the shoulders afterwards as if it wasn't his responsibility was laughable.

Cricket Champion! Jackpot Champion!
    I really meant it more of a general statement that I really only consider very few keepers THAT bad, that they're absolute liabilities.

For me, a keeper like Robert Green is pretty awful, even though he has matches where he can be an absolute hero. I hear (I don't watch Wigan often) that Al Habsi is having a crappy season (that looks the case statistically). None of the Southampton keepers have been good either. Oh yeah, Brad Jones is pretty **** too. Looked solid for a few games then...nah, should never be a 2nd option for us.
    Last edited by Ikki; 04-02-2013 at 08:58 AM.
    I think there'll sooner be another Bradman than another Warne. - Gidgeon Haigh

[Warne is] the greatest bowler ever produced in this entire world - Muttiah Muralidaran

[Warne is] the greatest bowler of all time - Glenn McGrath

In my opinion Shane Warne is the greatest cricketer who's ever lived - Ian Botham

Warne is the greatest cricketer to pick up a ball ever.
    And is the greatest bowler I have ever laid eyes on. - Brian Lara

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    From what I've seen Federici at Reading is the worst keeper in the Premiership. Green is terrible too (although not first choice) and Jaaskelainen looks like he's had his day and eaten it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    On an unrelated note, Chelsea V Barca in April 09 was a shambles, wasn't it?
    "It was an easy decision to sign. I could have gone elsewhere, I had calls, but it never entered my mind it's not about the money."
    Jason Koumas

SWA

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Explains how Liverpool last won the CL.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Also apropos of nothing, didn't Harry Redknapp manage a team who featured in the Champions League "within the last three or four years"?
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"The committee discussed the issue of illegal bowling actions, and believed that there are a number of bowlers currently employing suspect actions in international cricket, and that the ICC's reporting and testing procedures are not adequately scrutinising these bowlers."
    - Even the ICC's own official press release thinks things must change

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    From what I've seen Federici at Reading is the worst keeper in the Premiership. Green is terrible too (although not first choice) and Jaaskelainen looks like he's had his day and eaten it.
    Rob Green really is poor, has always struck me as such. Seems to have built his reputation on the fact that he tends to make several decent saves per match, whilst for some reason everyone watching ignores the fact that the sides he's played in have conceded loads of goals.

Brad Jones defo a good shout too, he's seriously dross.

Not sure about Al Habsi. Strikes me as being totally inconsistent, and often looks really really bad. But I get the impression he's actually a bit better than his horrible errors suggest.

So far as keepers go, I don't think there are many in the Premiership who are truly awful, most are at the very least serviceable. Now that Almunia has been sacked off, of course. Fabianski out of contract in the summer too.

Quote Originally Posted by GIMH View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Also apropos of nothing, didn't Harry Redknapp manage a team who featured in the Champions League "within the last three or four years"?
    Also the moment where RVP was sent off for having a shot a second later than the whistle in a stadium filled with 90k of shrieking Catalonians.

International Coach flibbertyjibber's Avatar
    Thing is some of these games will be a bet on first throw in with teams booting it out straight from the kick off like le Tissier said he was tempted to do.

Least it only 1 of so many, only bright point.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcuss View Post
    Also the moment where RVP was sent off for having a shot a second later than the whistle in a stadium filled with 90k of shrieking Catalonians.
    Bendtner had obvs taken a bung to miss that open goal at the end as well. Or at least, that's what I would have thought, had he been a reasonable footballer.

That was awesome hahaha
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Another highlight on McLeish's CV, then.
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Cricket Web Content Updater roseboy64's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    How is this United side nine points clear? Such a weird season.
    Because it's not as bad a team as made out. Strikers are brilliant but could still do better. Wingers have been largely mediocre with Valencia being awful but Giggs being a revelation back out on the wing lately. Carrick, Cleverley and Anderson have all been good in CM but Scholes should retire and Giggs shouldn't play there again unless it's an emergency and Fletcher? Well... Rafael' solidified the RB spot as his, Evra's found some form again and Evans has continued the good work from last season.

We don't play well for all the game but there's enough quality there that when we dominate the game we score and it's enough to get the 3 points.
    Sir Alexander Chapman Ferguson = Greatest Ever Manager
    "One from ten leaves zero." - Eric Williams, former T&T PM
    Member of Cricket Web Green
    Member of Northside Power

R.I.P Fardin Qayyumi

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar

Thread Information