• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Playing obtuse again, i see.

Pressure of expectation. Not many, if any expected them to go through after the first leg. Was same last year against Milan.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Good Performance by Arsenal yesterday. They tend to play better when the pressure is off generally.

Still getting a 2-0 win away to the Allianz against a in form Bayern is very good.
Yeah, there was clearly no pressure on Wenger or the team going into this match. What a dumb thing to say.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well he can't score if he isnt playing you know.

Classic Spurs though but not really good news for Arsenal if they go out.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Well he can't score if he isnt playing you know.

Classic Spurs though but not really good news for Arsenal if they go out.
Haha, wasn't actually aware of that. Must admit, my comment was shamefully lifted from Facebook, not actually watching the game. Must just be in a more provocative mood than usual.

Pothas

Haha, wasn't actually aware of that. Must admit, my comment was shamefully lifted from Facebook, not actually watching the game. Must just be in a more provocative mood than usual.
Haha I just saw who you shamefully lifted from as well.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
It was bizarre to see Spurs capitulate against such a rag-tag Inter side. Some really exciting players in that side but some shockers as well. Cracking game, first one I have caught since coming out to the US and the coverage was pretty good from Fox.

Last edited:

grecian

Yeah, I don't want to do an "I told you so"*, but this years euro comp has shown what a lot of us has been saying for ages the Premiership has fallen behind, we used to have 4 very decent sides competing in Europe, we now have one, Man U, and they only have become decent since RVP joined. The bizarre Chelski win last year, rather masked our shortcomings.

It's all cyclical though, no reason why the Prem shouldn't come back, they've got the money.

*who am I kidding, I loves it

Pothas

Yeah and it no bad thing, was getting rather bored with the champions league a few years ago. Having a strong German league a resurgent Juventus and the odd superich club from elsewhere makes it all the more interesting.

As you say though they financial power is still there. Was a decent discussion on it in Football Weekly, all Man City's fault accoring to Raphael Honigstein.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
It was bizarre to see Spurs capitulate against such a rag-tag Inter side. Some really exciting players in that side but some shockers as well. Cracking game, first one I have caught since coming out to the US and the coverage was pretty good from Fox.
AVB's tactic's were weird this game.

Playing 2 up top which is a change from their usual style away when leading the tie 3-0 made no sense, especially With the 2 strikers Defoe and Adebayor being out of form.

Then he played Demble on the right and also that high line was a mistake and he didn't rectify for that for ages in the game.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Juventus vs. Bayern
PSG vs. Barcelona
Malaga vs. Dortmund
Real Madrid vs. Galatasaray

Fairly ballses up my E/W bet on PSG :@

Also pissed off to see Madrid draw the dud.

L Trumper

State Regular
Juventus vs. Bayern
PSG vs. Barcelona
Malaga vs. Dortmund
Real Madrid vs. Galatasaray

Fairly ballses up my E/W bet on PSG :@

Also pissed off to see Madrid draw the dud.
Meh. They got ManU last round. Would you be pissed off if ManU drew Gala? Juve v Bayern would be amazing.

Also isn't it used to be the draw till finals? When did they introduce another draw for Semi final round?

Pothas

Clasico final going to eventually happen this year I wonder?

Got money on Juventus so was hoping they would get a kinder draw, not impossible though.