• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
No worse than Chelsea were in the first tbh.
I'd disagree, though perhaps I'm judging my own team more harshly. Chelsea were very poor in the first half, but I thought United took it to another level in the second. Their utter inability to keep possession was something to behold. So many players just not at the races, with special mentions for Cleverley, Evra and Valencia - who looks completely shot.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Great goal from Suarez today, top quality finish. Also great to see Spurs stack it massively.
They have to play Fulham, Swansea, Everton, Chelsea and City in their next 5 matches. They could stack it all the way out of the CL spots.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Great goal from Suarez today, top quality finish. Also great to see Spurs stack it massively.
Ridiculous mistakes for Liverpool's second and third, looked in charge at 2-1. Chance for Arsenal to get back in it but they are going to need to put a really good run together.

Still hoping Chelsea wind up 5th.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'd disagree, though perhaps I'm judging my own team more harshly. Chelsea were very poor in the first half, but I thought United took it to another level in the second. Their utter inability to keep possession was something to behold. So many players just not at the races, with special mentions for Cleverley, Evra and Valencia - who looks completely shot.
Agreed. Chelsea were dreadful in the first 15 minutes but actually began to piece things together as the half progressed. Of course the substitutions helped matters along massively, but if their goalie and central defence hadn't been completely abysmal for the goals, they'd have got away with it. Whereas Man Utd looked comically inept for most of the 2nd half.
They'll probably win at The Bridge though.

Shame that Ferdinand wasn't dismissed for doing to Torres what Terry did in Barcelona. Where was the Turkish ref when you needed him?

Last edited:

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Shame that Ferdinand wasn't dismissed for doing to Torres what Terry did in Barcelona. Where was the Turkish ref when you needed him?
Yeah, that was pretty poor from Rio but don't think the Ref could have seen it where it happened. Might be retrospective action though.

cpr

International Coach
Except that this year they'll probably have the distraction of an FA Cup Final. Could be the undoing of them in the league.
I think we'll hear a lot from Dave Whelan in the next few weeks about survival being priority, he knows the club will financially struggle without the Premiership. Martinez will no doubt tell the players not to think of the semi (especially as it shouldn't be too tough a game), and any final will be after the league is decided anyway.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

Some of the saves DDG pulls off are truly awesome. Kept us in the cup at the end today and Saved Evans there.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Top Four still possible! Nice to see us scrap hard for the win.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cleverly just not very good imo. Looked like a typical game of his to me.
Will definitely be trolling you back for this, right when you least expect it...

That De Gea save is ****ing ridiculous. Love how his two best saves for us have denied Mata a last-minute winner.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Ridiculous mistakes for Liverpool's second and third, looked in charge at 2-1. Chance for Arsenal to get back in it but they are going to need to put a really good run together.

Still hoping Chelsea wind up 5th.
Spurs and Arsenal at their best are better than Chelsea. All depends if Arsenal show up between now and the end of the season.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also, Reading sacking McDermott.

They have been on a dreadful run as of late, so I suppose it's understandable, but I don't see what good can come of sacking him now. Far too late for a new coach to come and turn things around, surely.