• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, red changed the game. Would have been interesting to see how effective Modric would have been if he had been introduced against 11 men. Was quite a close contest throughout really, but fancied United to get a result until Nani was sent off.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I can't remember Ferguson ever getting it more spot on tactically. All the big decisions were vindicated.
Anyways, good performance today really. SAF got it right tactically and we created enough chances irrespective of that Red card and penalty not given.
I think that makes it all the more gutting - Fergie got it so right and we had plenty of chances to win it regardless of the card.

I look at Chelsea last year (who weren't as good a team as United are now) - a man and two goals down away from home against Barca and they ****ing did it, and I can't help but wonder why we couldn't pull off a backs-to-the wall miracle of our own.

Ah well, just got to make bloody sure of the League now.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cakir recent red cards:

Tonight: Nani

Dec 2012: Cahill (Chelsea) vs Corninthians
Fifa club world cup final

Sept 2012: Gerrard (England) vs Ukraina
FIFA World Cup Qualifier

Apr 2012: Terry (Chelsea) vs Barcelona
UCL Semi

March 2011: Balotelli (Man City) vs Dynamo Kiev
Europa League round of 16

Anyone see a pattern?
Seriously this is pathetic.

That John Terry red card was a conspiracy was it?

Don't really give a **** about the red card I am never going to pretend to have sympathy for Man Utd.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente

Don't really give a **** about the red card I am never going to pretend to have sympathy for Man Utd.

Now we just have to wait for him to make a post agreeing with someone else, and then dress it up as an original opinion. Standard Cevno MO.

Pothas

I think that makes it all the more gutting - Fergie got it so right and we had plenty of chances to win it regardless.

I look at Chelsea last year (who weren't as good a team as United are now) - a man and two goals down away from home against Barca and they ****ing did it, and I can't help but wonder why we couldn't pull off a backs-to-the wall miracle of our own.

Chelsea just got bloody luck, just the way it is, especially in knockout Football.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Can't remember any of these decisions, but I can't for a moment believe that mild-mannered Mario Balotelli could possibly have done anything to deserve a red card. He's clearly got an agenda against English people.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think that makes it all the more gutting - Fergie got it so right and we had plenty of chances to win it regardless.

Madrid attacked far better than Barca though. They were brilliant goals. I don't think it's respectful enough to Madrid to say United could have reacted to the red card better. Unless they have a serious off-day they're far, far too good for a ten-man United team.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member

When did i say it was a conspiracy? Curious pattern though because his sending off record in other games isn't that harsh.

He doesn't like certain type of challenges maybe ? Dunno.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Madrid attacked far better than Barca though. They were brilliant goals. I don't think it's respectful enough to Madrid to say United could have reacted to the red card better. Unless they have a serious off-day they're far, far too good for a ten-man United team.
De Gea made 1 or maybe 2 saves except for the goals, tbf.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
When did i say it was a conspiracy? Curious pattern though because his sending off record in other games isn't that harsh.

Explains the way he booked 9 players and sent 2 off in one of his first European games between the hated English rivals FC Vaduz and Ujpest Dozsa.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On the plus side, at least now it isn't just a handful of obsessive United fans who appreciate Welbeck's qualities.

Pothas

Oh please.

We know exactly why you brought it up, don't bother to pretend otherwise.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, I just needed to vent. :p

Madrid used their one man advantage superbly as you say, and both goals were first rate. Sometimes it's just not to be.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Explains the way he booked 9 players and sent 2 off in one of his first European games between the hated English rivals FC Vaduz and Ujpest Dozsa.
Did i say he has never sent anyone else off ? See the proportion of red cards in respective games.

He is very happy to give yellows usually from what i read about him before the game and you can see it in his stats. Even for nasty challenges and then most of his red cards are 2 yellow sort of things.

Anyway, done with this debate on here.