• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
I really wish we'd signed some pace on the wing though, like Hazard or Lavezzi, just because we don't have anything close to that dynamic
Don't rate. But speaking of Napoli, Maggio would be a great signing for you guys as he's genuinely quick and has a great engine, maybe a slightly lesser version of Alves.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yes, they do have two expensive new foreign signings that hardly anyone had heard of before this summer. They both have "crap fantasy football pick" written all over them. Even Hazard will probably take some time to adjust.

Hard to see where the goals will come from, especially if Lampard continues to fade. "I think Torres will come good this season" is the new "I think this is Liverpool's year". And of course their defence is very, very creaky.
It's never a great idea to judge a player you've never seen play before, but I thought Oscar was crap in the Olympic final.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Our turn tonight, are you guys playing? Way weird having a cup game before the league starts.
Yeah, Palace at home, will be a bit weird being knocked out of one of the major comps before the season's even started really.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I think that article is being a bit sensationalist tbh. I don't see how what he has said is "astonishing" at all.

Johnners

No doubt it's slightly over the top, just think he'd have been better of continuing along the "I don't want to talk about it" line.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
No doubt it's slightly over the top, just think he'd have been better of continuing along the "I don't want to talk about it" line.
You're probably right, but I don't think what he's said is at all unreasonable. He clearly values Terry quite highly, and so all he's done is stated how he hopes he'll still be able to continue to select him.

If Terry had been convicted in court, however, it would be different.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Apparently Barcelona execs are in London to finalise a move for Song. Probably means a move for M'Vila is imminent.

Scaly piscine

May as well just write England off for the next 4 years if we're still going to play has-always-been-**** has-beens. Then the assorted nuggets in football tell us how the new lads will have to do something pretty special to oust Terry and Ferdinand. Err what?

The way commentators and so on reminisce about the old guard makes me think I've blacked out 4 years where we won everything and didn't rely on obscene jam in half the games like Spain did.

grecian

May as well just write England off for the next 4 years if we're still going to play has-always-been-**** has-beens. Then the assorted nuggets in football tell us how the new lads will have to do something pretty special to oust Terry and Ferdinand. Err what?

The way commentators and so on reminisce about the old guard makes me think I've blacked out 4 years where we won everything and didn't rely on obscene jam in half the games like Spain did.
Agree with the Scrabaleer, lot of talk about the manager, but Hodgson and Redknapp would have been cut from the same cloth, going on about the oldies, two years to the World Cup, chance to start afresh with a young forward-thinking manager, not the tiresome ol dreck.