• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
No one said Walcott was better than Bale, yet people still tried to argue the opposite.

I was just trolling in the same way that people were about the Walcott thing, don't take notice of me.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why is anyone making the comparison for ****s sake? Not a single person in here has said that Bale is better than Ronaldo.

Ronaldo scoring two goals against Barcelona does not make you right about Bale.
I made the comparison because the whole conversation initially started when I was mocking Jeff Shreeves. Go back and read the entire thing on don't comment. Jesus.

Pothas

This whole thing is really tiresome.

It is funny though because Arsenal fans are just so insecure about Spurs doing anything good.

Jarquis

Better than Ronaldo /JeffStelling

Don't get me wrong, good player. Very good premier league player but not in the top 25 in the world IMO
Which is of no relevance whatsoever. It's not like I said there are 25 better left wingers, did I?

I've recognised he's a good player, very good in fact.
But when there's stuff like this being thrown about - Gareth Bale is a better player than Cristiano Ronaldo, says Jeff Stelling | Sky Sports | Football | Columnists | Jeff Stelling it's bemusing.

Question, do you reckon Bale is closer to being the 2nd best or 25th best player in the world? He's miles from being in the top 5 let alone getting close to Ronaldo.
My first two posts on the matter which cause the massive ****-storm in this thread which followed.
Now, while I might have to re-evaluate my stance on whether or not he's in the top 25 players in the world I stand by the fact that even if he is, he's closer to number 25 than he is to being number 2.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
I'm bored of baiting Marcuss now, tbh.

It's all an irrelevance anyway as neither Ronaldo, Bale nor Messi are fit to wipe Jamie Cureton's arse.

Jarquis

This whole thing is really tiresome.

It is funny though because Arsenal fans are just so insecure about Spurs doing anything good.
You're a much better poster than this. Or you're usually much more intelligent than this.

Because you're either trolling or being ****ing stupid.

Jarquis

Just wait for the next week as no doubt Bale will score a hattrick on Sunday and Ronaldo will be anonymous against United and you can all come in here and have a laugh at my expense because I'm the biased Arsenal fan who can't recognise Bale's brilliance yadda yadda yadda

Pothas

You're a much better poster than this. Or you're usually much more intelligent than this.

Because you're either trolling or being ****ing stupid.
To be fair I don't think that I have been one of the ones really goading you on this. I have just been saying that Bale has been ridiculous of late, which he has.

I do honestly think that Arsenal are especially sensitive to the prospect of Spurs being better than them though, more so than other rivalries.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
This whole saga is pretty ridiculous though. No one on here has argued Bale to be better than Ronaldo, and on one has argued Walcott to be better than Bale, yet we've had so many posts on the matter.

cpr

International Coach
TBF on the Bale/Ronaldo argument, both of them can **** off, only fit to join the argument when they are still smashing in top flight goals (and second rate sister in laws) when they are 39

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm bored of baiting Marcuss now, tbh.

It's all an irrelevance anyway as neither Ronaldo, Bale nor Messi are fit to wipe Jamie Cureton's arse.
Useless old **** he is. Couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo for my lot and was the laziest **** I have seen since Jemson.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
My point about the respective league positions of Dortmund and Bayern not necessarily being indicative of who would win in a 1v1 match also rings true with Barcelona and Real Madrid. Mourinho has Barcelona's number.

Pothas

Yeah took him a good while but he has done it. Would like to see him go up against the Barca side that destroyed Real 5-0 when they first met though, was the ultimate high point for that side.

Barcelona really have been rubbish the last couple of weeks though, feel it would be wrong to blame Roura but the managerial situation can not be helping.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Are you calling me fat? :@

Meanwhile, James Lawton cranks the hyperboleometer all the way up to 11 in today's Indy:

James Lawton said:
It has been evident for some years now that Gareth Bale is in possession of the most dynamic football talent produced in these islands since the birth of George Best.
For some years? Hmm.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bale is very good and we know that but is he better than Gazza was? I'd say no, not the pre injury Gazza anyway. On that basis Lawton is talking out of his arse as usual.