racist
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pothas View Post
    Next Saturday is going to be huge.
    A point will do me fine, tbh. Need to beat Marc's lot in midweek though.
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by TT Boy View Post
    Great game from Jon Walters. Two OGs, one a cracking finish and then hits a penalty into row z.
    Just desserts for his manager's rant at the referee at half time. I know I'm in a minority here, but the FA need to clamp down on this, ditto Ferguson's job on the referee at half time against Newcastle the other week. Who cares whether these invertebrates decide to complain? It's plain to one and all what's going on, and it's sending a clear message to players, coaches and spectators everywhere that it's OK. And then we end up with recent events in the Netherlands. It could almost make a rugby fan out of me.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    Such a good article from Neville in the Daily Mail. Never thought I could like him when he was playing, but I was very wrong.

Excited for the game tonight. Would take a point in a heartbeat. Realistically just don't want to be embarrassed, or have another player sent off...
    Jesus saves

proudly supporting Liverpool FC

Quote Originally Posted by Nnanden View Post
    Such a good article from Neville in the Daily Mail. Never thought I could like him when he was playing, but I was very wrong.
    A good article in the Mail? Bloody hell.

Anyway, what's Neville saying?

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    Just desserts for his manager's rant at the referee at half time. I know I'm in a minority here, but the FA need to clamp down on this, ditto Ferguson's job on the referee at half time against Newcastle the other week. Who cares whether these invertebrates decide to complain? It's plain to one and all what's going on, and it's sending a clear message to players, coaches and spectators everywhere that it's OK. And then we end up with recent events in the Netherlands. It could almost make a rugby fan out of me.
    Ha, weirdly enough, coaches whinging about refs is the current hot potato in English union circles. Leicester Tigers' coach Dick Cockerill rejoices in the nickname "Sir Alex", in fact.

Brian Moore in The Torygraph.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Basically saying that it's unfair to leap to judgment about Suarez because he's a product of his upbringing and racism aside all of the furore over "cheating" is overblown.

So odd to be seeing it in the Mail, the antithesis of everything they stand for.
    Quote Originally Posted by zaremba View Post
    The Filth have comfortably the better bowling. But the Gash have the batting. Might be quite good to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post
    Ha, weirdly enough, coaches whinging about refs is the current hot potato in English union circles. Leicester Tigers' coach Dick Cockerill rejoices in the nickname "Sir Alex", in fact.

I started reading it until it became far too technical for me.

There is, however, a difference between post-match interview moans and the verbal assaults on officials that Ferguson and Pullis have dished out lately. As things stand, the former is a far more serious offence than the latter, which strikes me as odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    Basically saying that it's unfair to leap to judgment about Suarez because he's a product of his upbringing and racism aside all of the furore over "cheating" is overblown.

So odd to be seeing it in the Mail, the antithesis of everything they stand for.
    Thanks. I know that Neville's been terrific on Sky, so it's no surprise that his written pieces should be just as good.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Uppercut's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Quote Originally Posted by wpdavid View Post
    I started reading it until it became far too technical for me.

There is, however, a difference between post-match interview moans and the verbal assaults on officials that Ferguson and Pullis have dished out lately. As things stand, the former is a far more serious offence than the latter, which strikes me as odd.
    I agree but the problem with dealing with on-pitch rants is that we don't usually know what was said.

Would love it if he was questioned and had to come up with something harmless to avoid a fine. We need more of the Crystal Palace fan that claimed Cantona kicked him for shouting "Off you go Eric, it's an early bath for you!"

Quote Originally Posted by Uppercut View Post
    I agree but the problem with dealing with on-pitch rants is that we don't usually know what was said.

Would love it if he was questioned and had to come up with something harmless to avoid a fine. We need more of the Crystal Palace fan that claimed Cantona kicked him for shouting "Off you go Eric, it's an early bath for you!"

Yup, he was a nasty piece of work, no mistake. I think he was in the news relatively recently for causing problems at a kids' game where his lad was playing.

And you're right up to a point about not knowing what was said, but if the FA was prepared to make a judgement based on what looks like's going on, then at least it would cause these managers to think about whether it's worth saying anything in the heat of the moment. I know there's an element of subjectivity with that, but it's one of those areas where I'm not bothered about 100% consistency if we at least raised the possibility of the culprits getting in serious trouble.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BoyBrumby View Post

Brian Moore in complaining about scrums shocker. Doesn't stop his being right, though

Back on thread topic, if Jimmy Keohane stays fit this season we are going up. Sercombe's injury could be the best thing that's happened to us.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

Brendan Rogers:

If you look at one-off games, we were better than Manchester United at Anfield, even with 10 men, we should have beaten Man City, and we drew at Chelsea.

We are as good as any team in the league. But the difference between us and United is consistency and that bit of depth, not quality

Perhaps he would like to turn those arguments around with regards to some of the bottom dwellers his mob have lost/drawn with?

Whilst I agree in a way, Liverpool over the past decade or so have been able to raise their game for the big boys, they still haven't really been equals with the top sides and those top sides have far bigger games than playing Liverpool. Playing Manure in the league is typically Liverpool's biggest game of the season.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Surely a pen? Pep took him out.

Thread Information