• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Townsend's infuriating me, it's ****ing blindingly obvious from his commentary that he hasn't watched Bayern since the Champions League Final.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Townsend's infuriating me, it's ****ing blindingly obvious from his commentary that he hasn't watched Bayern since the Champions League Final.
That would be me, as well. And I have to say I'm astonished by how good they've become, even allowing for Arsenal's limitations. Obviously I'd heard about their great run, but even so. I really haven't seen an English club outclassed this badly in the CL for a very long time. Not at home, anyway, and Bayern look as if they could score five tonight if they want to. Perhaps Wenger could manage to show a bit more grace tonight than he managed yesterday or after the Blackburn loss. It's becoming so obvious that his time has been and gone that it's just painful.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I've always stood by him, but I think Arsene's just one signing-of-Chris-Kiwomya away from his "Madness of King George" era now.

The trouble is, more than any other team/manager combo, Arsenal are symbiotically linked to their gaffer; we've completely brought into the Wenger philosophy. Won't just be a question of replacing him, it could be a complete strip down and start again.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Am i the only one not that impressed by Bayern tonight ?
'
I wouldn't say Arsenal were as outplayed as the early scoreline suggested. They've had a lot of the ball, they just haven't been able to create real chances from it, and that's a credit to Bayern.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well that kills off Arsenal then.

In other news Tranmere losing again. Wheels well and truly falling off there and in the Championship Wolves just gone behind after leading at Barnsley. In the bottom 3 if that stays the same having played more games than the other sides around them.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
That would be me, as well. And I have to say I'm astonished by how good they've become, even allowing for Arsenal's limitations. Obviously I'd heard about their great run, but even so. I really haven't seen an English club outclassed this badly in the CL for a very long time. Not at home, anyway, and Bayern look as if they could score five tonight if they want to. Perhaps Wenger could manage to show a bit more grace tonight than he managed yesterday or after the Blackburn loss. It's becoming so obvious that his time has been and gone that it's just painful.
They were this good last season, it's just a shame that Mario Gomez is a clown otherwise they'd have destroyed Chelsea in the CL final.

It's between Bayern and Dortmund for the mantle of 2nd best on the continent behind Barcelona IMO. Bayern have the edge because Dortmund seem incapable of not conceding away from home.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Ronnie Moore will be on his way soon haha...could drop out of the playoffs if Swindon and Brentford win their games in hand. In other news, we are out of the relegation zone :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well that kills off Arsenal then.

In other news Tranmere losing again. Wheels well and truly falling off there and in the Championship Wolves just gone behind after leading at Barnsley. In the bottom 3 if that stays the same having played more games than the other sides around them.
Ronnie Moore will be on his way soon haha...could drop out of the playoffs if Swindon and Brentford win their games in hand. In other news, we are out of the relegation zone :)
Can hardly see where the next goal is coming from. Down to the bare bones and its showing. Don't know whether it was Dav or Grecian who said a few injuries would kill us but that's what's happened.

Massive turnaround needed. Reckon another 20 points will get us a top six spot but that's going to be easier said than done. Only four of our side tonight were part of the eleven that swept all before them in the autumn and it showed.

Not much blame lies with Ronnie though, alas we need to make big changes on Saturday. What though, I just don't know.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
They were this good last season, it's just a shame that Mario Gomez is a clown otherwise they'd have destroyed Chelsea in the CL final.

It's between Bayern and Dortmund for the mantle of 2nd best on the continent behind Barcelona IMO. Bayern have the edge because Dortmund seem incapable of not conceding away from home.
It's about 15 points of edge in the Bundesliga, isn't it?

Anyway, the big question now is not if - but when and how - the Wenger era will end.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I think in a one on one battle between Dortmund and Bayern it's pretty close. Dortmund might even just shade it. Bayern's 15 point lead is down to them being an absolute machine and Dortmund throwing away daft points.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well you play us in a few weeks so thats probably 3 points for you.
I'll miss that as Im in Barcelona for a stag do. So yes we probably will win.

If we lose on Saturday then top 6 will be a bonus. If we win then I'll think we're going to win the league again. I ****ing hate football.