• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah I thought this too, there were a few arms strategically placed around the Celtic players' chest but no shirt-pulls or drags to the ground. Shouldn't be allowed but we've seen much worse. And in any case, it's pretty rich to complain that the Juve defenders were illegally interfering with their shameless attempts to obstruct Buffon.

I wasn't exactly supporting Juve but at least we don't have to listen to the media sucking up to Celtic fans as if they're all ****ing angels again.
Like I said, almost half of Celtic's goals in the competition have come from set plays where one of their forwards just happens to be standing close to the goalkeeper. Juventus did their homework and countered it.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Like I said, almost half of Celtic's goals in the competition have come from set plays where one of their forwards just happens to be standing close to the goalkeeper. Juventus did their homework and countered it.
tbf you've seen more of the games than I have, but my take on that is that the ref should be blowing up for fouls on the keeper if necessary rather than allowing defenders to break the rules with impunity. And tbef I didn't actually see the match this week, so I'm only going on reporters' comments. And yes, I'm well aware that Lennon isn't slow to play the victim card.

Beyond that it's just one of my regular beefs with football nowadays. And, not for the first time, it's about refs not having the balls to apply the rules of the game. I certainly don't blame Juve for doing whatever they thought they could get away with

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Glen Johnson "the second best right back in the world" my butthole. Just stood there. Some strike by Hulk before that though!

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Glen Johnson "the second best right back in the world" my butthole. Just stood there. Some strike by Hulk before that though!
Quite. Surely any right back worth his salt would have made some effort to mark the bloke.

Henderson, otoh, was taking some unnecessary flack. OK, he lost possession, but there was still a lot for Zenit to do and Hulk's finish was fantastic.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Should have gone with "You can't take the cuss out of Marcuss"?

Come off it, he said something silly and and got called out on it (by Pickup too ftr). Take it on the chin like a man, instead of "um, testicles!".

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I dispute that it's silly. Bale is closer to somone like Muller in terms of ability than he is Ronaldo.