• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Put Carrick in for Parker and you'll have 3 players capable of creating with very little loss in work rate and more intelligence.
I disagree. Parker works harder off the ball and Carrick would just clash with Gerrard in terms of their role in midfield. Whilst Carrick is better at volume passing which aids possession, he's nowhere near Gerrard in terms of affecting goals (key passes/chance creation; assists; and goals). Whereas Parker is happy to just do the dog's work and to provide an easy outlet.

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Just glad that Spurs have gone out. Think Arsenal have got a fairly decent chance, depending on the draw....plenty of beatable teams left in it.....quietly optimistic.

That said, best not rest on laurels after the Bradford debacle.
Asenal would find a way to lose to Luton.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Just when I thought the footballing weekend was as good as it was going to get, Stevie G misses a penalty and Liverpool lose at home to West Brom.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
West Brom get totally dominated, get their first shot of the game in the 80th minute...and score. Like...for ****s sake.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Their first shot...on or off target...of the game....after being battered for 80 minutes...and they score. Then when we're going for an equaliser...they score again.

Supporting Liverpool is giving me depression.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Must say, this is slightly inconvenient from a fantasy football perspective. Good job I had Michu as captain this week really.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Their first shot...on or off target...of the game....after being battered for 80 minutes...and they score. Then when we're going for an equaliser...they score again.

Supporting Liverpool is giving me depression.
2nd shot. Reina saved the first shot which resulted in the corner West Brom got their goal from.

And yeah, while the result was frustrating if you're a Liverpool fan I reckon they're heading in the right direction.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
2nd shot. Reina saved the first shot which resulted in the corner West Brom got their goal from.

And yeah, while the result was frustrating if you're a Liverpool fan I reckon they're heading in the right direction.
Is that from a Manure/Everton perspective?

2nd worst ever points total at this stage of the season (26 games) since it became 3 points for a win - that's 2nd worst in over 30 seasons of football.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Furball's right though, they actually are starting to play like a decent side. Have been very unfortunate to only pick up 2 points from the last 9.

That being said, there is still a lot of work to do for them.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Gillette Soccer Special, and it was an easy decision. Huge night in league One.

If all the results I wish for tonight come off then I am going to bet my February pay packet on the whites going up. Drinks on me in May.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member

Oh yeah, I stand corrected.

The thing is...we were saying that we were moving in the right direction last year. I think the team has serious character/mental deficiencies. We're just a brittle side. I don't know what happened during Benitez's last season but since then we do not have the same character. Prior to that, I honestly believed (and we did often enough) that we could come back in 9/10 matches. Right now, as soon as we concede the second comes not shortly after.