• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Tighter than Sledger when it's his round up at the top of league One. We'll still win it though, obv
Bournemouth are going up, them and one other.

Really like this Bees side but we are starting to do the standard Brentford thing whenever they get a chance of getting out this league. Long way to go though,

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah hard to look past Bournemouth. We should have enough if Wallace comes back soon. Typically when we win it quickly becomes multiple victories so hopefully we turn flibberty's lot over on Friday.

Any side in the top 5 that can string together 5 wins or so will be set.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Haha, tbf, this is probably why I don't rate him quite as highly as most other people do either. There's just something not quite right about him, or he's missing something, that prevents him from really being in that top bracket of players for mine.

That said, I'm probably only saying this because he's a Spurs player, and I'm determined to find a way to not like him.
He's very similar to Ronaldo in 05/06, just before he became amazing. Lots of pace and power, a brutal shot, tends not to track back in a position where he really should, loses the ball a bit too often, unbelievable goals becoming increasingly common, obviously inflated opinion of himself. Bale-skeptics might technically be right at the moment but you get the feeling some of the things they say will end up looking pretty stupid in a few years time.

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
TBF to him that's the last possible outcome that's going to be on a keeper's mind. Would love to see his reaction afterwards mind.:laugh:

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Brilliant work from RvP, and Giggsy continues his phenomenal run of scoring in every League season since about 1926.

Pothas

That is the league well and truly over then, I know it was never going to match up to last year but Premiership has been a bit dull this year. Same can go for all top leagues around Europe really, they are all pretty much over.

roseboy64

Cricket Web Content Updater
I don't think he has the legs anymore. He's still very fit and still has a burst of speed but post-injuries doesn't have the same speed in changing direction - especially running with pace. Right now he is doing brilliantly playing that holding midfield role for us and if England can replicate a system which keeps him doing that they have a shot.

Some don't rate Parker, but I do. I think a midfield of Parker-Gerrard-Wilshire can not only keep the ball but will have high-work rate with 2 of them very capable of creating for the front players, and chipping in with the odd goal.
Put Carrick in for Parker and you'll have 3 players capable of creating with very little loss in work rate and more intelligence.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Just glad that Spurs have gone out. Think Arsenal have got a fairly decent chance, depending on the draw....plenty of beatable teams left in it.....quietly optimistic.

That said, best not rest on laurels after the Bradford debacle.

Pothas

Just have no real faith in them beating Man Utd in a semi-final or final though. City or Chelsea maybe but you still would not have a great deal of confidence.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Just have no real faith in them beating Man Utd in a semi-final or final though. City or Chelsea maybe but you still would not have a great deal of confidence.
Yeah, I doubt they'd have the mettle to see off any of those sides in a semi-final or final, particularly Utd. I could, however, see them beating any of them in a 5th round tie at home, if they played well. Too many ifs and buts to say that with any degree of confidence though.

fredfertang

I shall be deeply unhappy if Gazza shuffles off this mortal coil before Thatcher - he's a lovely bloke, but a ****ing dozy tool at the same time