• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
This one and last. Not before that I don't think.
Actually he's been pretty good this season - the 2 before he was a liability.

He's cost us the game and that is now 2 matches we've pummelled city and gifted them points.

Gerrard...what a player. He is having a brilliant season.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I wonder if a great Euros revitalised Gerrard or if its just down to the way he's been asked to play this season.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
I wonder if a great Euros revitalised Gerrard or if its just down to the way he's been asked to play this season.
A combination of that and also being fit/not needing injections to play for the first season since 09. IIRC he is the only player who has played every minute of every league game.

He's playing that holding midfield role to a world-class level, and yet he is still affecting so many goals and creating so many chances. It's awesome to see him playing so freely.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Why is it that more or less every player who plays for one Milan club, invariably ends up playing for the other at some point?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
How is this United side nine points clear? Such a weird season.
RVP looking set for 35 goals in the league helps.

And Ferguson, whatever my view of the man personally, knows how to produce a winning side given the resources at his disposal. His rivals, quite clearly, do not. Given the thoroughly moderate standard of the EPL, that's more than enough.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Been a staunch supporter of Reina, but he has been terrible for the last season and a bit. Today was just embarrassing.

EDIT: Gerrard gets me hard.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Actually he's been pretty good this season - the 2 before he was a liability.

He's cost us the game and that is now 2 matches we've pummelled city and gifted them points.

Gerrard...what a player. He is having a brilliant season.
You must've been watching a different Liverpool than the rest of us (surprise huh). He's been absolute bollocks.

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
You must've been watching a different Liverpool than the rest of us (surprise huh). He's been absolute bollocks.
I think he's had one of the best ratios of clean sheets to performances of keepers this season.

Besides yesterday's blunder, where else has he been so poor? Maybe it's compared to the crap standards he's had before, but I thought he was doing okay. Against Arsenal, saved our hides, in his first game back. Season before last he was basically at error for a goal every other game. He's definitely not in the top 3-4 keepers in the league anymore; but "absolute bollocks"? Not really.

Last edited:

Tom Halsey

International Coach
It's subjective, obviously, but he's been almost unarguably directly culpable for 8 goals this season if you go through them.

As you're normally a big fan of stats, I think I'm right in saying he also has the lowest save to shots ratio of any GK in the Premiership who's made over 20 saves.