• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
*general comment, not to poster above me*

So kicking minors is fine if they've done something that irritates you?
I'll have to think about that one ..... :unsure:

No, obz not. Hazard will rightly be punished for this and no-one's saying otherwise. Even if there is some question over his intent in the matter. But it's still true that the 'victim' is coming out of this with no credit whatsoever. I think that all we're saying, anyway.

What grecian said, really.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I'll have to think about that one ..... :unsure:

No, obz not. Hazard will rightly be punished for this and no-one's saying otherwise. Even if there is some question over his intent in the matter. But it's still true that the 'victim' is coming out of this with no credit whatsoever. I think that all we're saying, anyway.

What grecian said, really.
People are saying otherwise though, which is why I asked it so plainly.

Agreed that the ball boy was a tosspot too, ftr.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would it have been fine to kick him if he was 18?
Morally it's fine either way.

The whole media circus blaming the little **** is hilarious mind. If it was a player who was time-wasting in the same manner and got kicked they wouldn't be ripping into the time-waster nearly as much.

It would be a straight-forward 3 match ban if it was a footballer, it obviously has to be more severe as it's a little **** doing ball boy duties. On the count that it's a ball boy. And it's a little ****.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Morally it's fine either way.

The whole media circus blaming the little **** is hilarious mind. If it was a player who was time-wasting in the same manner and got kicked they wouldn't be ripping into the time-waster nearly as much.

It would be a straight-forward 3 match ban if it was a footballer, it obviously has to be more severe as it's a little **** doing ball boy duties. On the count that it's a ball boy. And it's a little ****.
But a footballer is a participant and there's recourse for time wasting as a footballer (yellow card, sanctions, public image issues etc). A ball boy influencing proceedings falls outside of how sport should be decided, particularly when it's some smarmy teenager who should know better. I actually think a ball boy trying to influence the game is a bigger issue than a little jab in the ribs with the shin.

Anyway like I said, I got the impression he was trying to kick the ball and misqued.

99*

International Debutant

This is the best angle imo. If he kicked the kid, then the ball wouldn't pop out like that.

grecian

Love 'keepers taking pens, should happen more often, especially when they're as good as that.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Am wondering how the FA can reconcile their treatment of Hazard with their appeal against Rooney's Red Card last year tbh.

Son Of Coco

To be honest I'm really on Hazard's side here. Who has seventeen year old ballboys? Some players are younger than that.

Little arsewipe milked it for all it was worth too; the sport's clearly getting the ball retrievers it deserves.
A club who has the 17 year old ball boy's daddy on their board I think.

Hazard should be prosecuted for not kicking the **** out of him, he clearly deserved it and it's probably what has been sadly lacking in his life up until now. At least he still has his Audi to drive around to console himself with :dry:

Scaly piscine

Hmm whilst I'm sure people will conjure up some nonsense about how they're better off out of the FA Cup, that is a special effort from QPR to be down 4-0 at home to a League One side.