• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2012-13

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
After 16 months of turd, Liverpool get rid of him when he was coming good. New manager's perogative, of course, but I suspect he might be worth sticking with.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Imagine they would have stuck with him as a plan B type option if his wages hadn't been quite so substantial tbh. They're probably a bit too dear for a bench warmer.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I wouldn't be surprised.

Can imagine my Grandad on my dad's side being shocked if he had lived to see what the club has become. I know there are a lot of things undesirable about them but one thing they used to have was a bit of class and dignity when it came to the way they dealt with their non-playing staff. Not anymore.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I wouldn't be surprised.

Can imagine my Grandad on my dad's side being shocked if he had lived to see what the club has become. I know there are a lot of things undesirable about them but one thing they used to have was a bit of class and dignity when it came to the way they dealt with their non-playing staff. Not anymore.
My dad always says the exact same thing about Liverpool fans actually.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I wouldn't be surprised.

What did they do that lacked class or dignity?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What did they do that lacked class or dignity?
Well, thinking largely of the Hodgson merry-go-round but also the whole American owner affair and Benitez saga, not specifically tangible but none of those affairs would have happened in the early 90s and before.

Of course, the game as a whole has changed.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It won't happen, but for once I'd love to see a club put their foot down and refuse to sell. Let him rot in the reserves for the four years he has left on his contract, it'd ruin his career.
Didn't that happen to Peter Reid at one stage?

Pothas

Yeah him and Cazorla, all a bit good for Arsenal, they are bound to all get injured or something.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, am waiting with baited breath, something is bound to go wrong. Haven't felt an excitement like this about new Arsenal signings for years now. If they can get Sahin and Cazorla then I'll be thrilled. Maybe they'll even manage to get a decent new defender and get shot of all the dead wood still hanging around too.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Hope we can get Debuchy, one of France's only decent performers at the Euros. Could do better than Simpson at right back I think.

grecian

What's this Carloza like then, and do you think these signings might make RVP want to sign a new contract?

Sorry, I only care coz it's time to pick Fantasy Football teams.

Jarquis

Cazorla is quality. Not just saying that as an Arsenal fan but he's the best signing we've made in yonks.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Gosh....if Arsenal can sign Sahin and maybe one defender....and keep RVP....hate to be optimistic because it always comes back to bite me...but it's beginning to look like a really good side that's being put together.

A team of Szczęsny, Sagna, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Gibbs, Song, Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla, Podolski, Van Persie (more likely Giroud) is a pretty enjoyable prospect.

Santos, Gervinho, Walcott, Ramsey, Rosicky, Chamberlain, Ryo, Mertesacker, Frimpong, Coquelin, Lansbury and Djourou (and possibly Sahin) are hardly terrible reserve/alternative options either (well, Mertesacker is pretty dire), and so for once it seems like there's a team here with quality and some depth. Really looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Jarquis

Per isn't dire. For large periods of last year his partnership with Kos was better than the one you've listed (not suggesting we drop TV5 obv)

grecian

Speaking of which, who's got control of the league to renew it?
CPR was the last one, he was worse than me at updating. Well done for the double win, even though of course the important comp was the head-to-head, takes talent, energy ,***iness and skill to win that one obvs.