Cricket Player Manager
Page 10 of 343 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* English Football Season 2012-13

Refreshingly Unconcerned With The Vulgar Exigencies Of Veracity
    BBC Sport - Liverpool will not let Andy Carroll leave on straight loan deal

I'm sure my Uncle would sell his herd of cattle if he was offered £20m for them as well.
    Last edited by sledger; 19-07-2012 at 07:06 AM.

Well there is a stat I read on Andy Carroll that he has had the most headed attempts this season but has only 1 scored one goal. Carroll is a good player not a great player and I don't think he will be a great player. Should Liverpool cut their loses on him? Most certainly. With Malaga's quite public financial problems and their insistence to sell Cazorla and Isco perhaps Liverpool could buy those and fund it by selling Carroll.

Do you have a source for that stat? Because if true, that's pretty interesting. Would raise questions over the assertion that Liverpool never cross it to him or play to his strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    Do you have a source for that stat? Because if true, that's pretty interesting. Would raise questions over the assertion that Liverpool never cross it to him or play to his strengths.
    Yeah it is a twitter link https://twitter.com/WhoScored/status...17063120838656 but the people who run this twitter account run the website whoscored.com (a football statistics website). Which is why I believe Downing isn't that bad and the reason he doesn't have as many assists as he should is because of Carroll.

Given Liverpool just tend to loft it aimlessly towards the box from stupid angles I doubt the headers were particularly good chances and he probably had little option but to go for goal given there'll rarely be anybody to set-up either.
    National Scrabble Champion 2009, 8th, 11th and 5th in 2009/2011/2013 World Championships, gold medal (team) at Causeway, 2011 Masters Champion
    Australia’s Darren Lehmann is a ‘blatant loser’ insists Stuart Broad
    Countdown Series 57 Champion
    King of the Arcade
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in public:
    Reply from mods to my prank bans in private:

MSN - evil_budgie @ hotmail.co.uk

Is it just me, or is this one of the most stupid things ever written.
    Do I contradict myself?
    Very well then I contradict myself,
    (I am large, I contain multitudes.
    Walt Whitman

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    It's not just you
    Quote Originally Posted by DingDong View Post
    gimh has now surpassed richard as the greatest cw member ever imo

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

cpr
    Not there anymore, Guessing it'd be rubbish.

So long as he and Jonny Evans don't go on the (alleged) pull together, he'll be fine

In truth, I'm not too fussed over van Persie. Whilst I think he's a fine striker, and had a great season, I don't think he'd bring anything new to the table. I don't think he'd shake up how we play, or give us a different approach when we are struggling.

I'm gonna get mullered for this, but if Carroll's available, I'd like Fergie to take a punt. He's had a dreadful time at Anfield, but deep down I do believe he has the raw ability to become a pretty good player. He's good in the air, decent on the deck, can run at a defence, muscle them out, drop back and help out a defence, stay up as a target man.
    At Newcastle he was showing the makings of a good 'classic no 9', though its been stripped at Anfield. I reckon Fergie could coax out the Carroll of before, and more importantly he'd offer a different dimension to our 3 small strikers in Rooney/Hernandez/Welbeck. None of them are particularly good in the air (Rooney can hold his own I suppose), and were a team that do like to get down the flanks and put in a good ball, especially Valencia from the by-line. Also whenever we've struggled to break down a game, we've tended to revert to a wasteful plan B of hoof it from the halfway line - something thats not worked since Ruud.

There, i've said it, I'd rather have Carroll than RVP. Expect me to choke violently on those in 9 months.
    "All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher." - Ambrose Bierce
    Langeveldt: I of course blame their parents.. and unchecked immigration!
    GingerFurball: He's Austrian, they tend to produce the odd ****ed up individual
    Burgey: Be careful dealing with neighbours whose cars don't have wheels but whose houses do.
    Uppercut: Maybe I just need better strippers

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Furball's Avatar
    Clearly some pretty high quality crack doing the rounds in Manchester.

cpr
    Maybe, but watch us when were next struggling against a team, Rio walks it to the halfway line, then launches a pass Gerrard would call Hollywood, to bounce off Nani's head and go out for a goal kick every time. So infuriating we don't have an effective plan B and can be shut out too easily against a composed defence

Arsenal line up Fernando Llorente as replacement for Robin van Persie | Mail Online

Would eat my hat if this happened. If I had a hat, that is.

And Robin not on the pre-season tour. Guess that's that then.

And Robin not on the pre-season tour. Guess that's that then.

Well, would be madness not to cash in now, not gonna help team spirit having your ex-captain hanging around like a bad smell, still awhile of the transfer window left.

Yeah, not exactly like it's come out of the blue. Will see how much can be fetched for him now I suppose. Apparently Utd's first offer has been rebuffed.

Would be strange to see him go to Utd though, as I honestly think Arsenal have as good a chance of winning the Premiership next year as Utd do. Though that is subject to change depending on the transfer activity of both sides between now and the end of the window.

Yeah, not exactly like it's come out of the blue. Will see how much can be fetched for him now I suppose. Apparently Utd's first offer has been rebuffed.

Would be strange to see him go to Utd though, as I honestly think Arsenal have as good a chance of winning the Premiership next year as Utd do. Though that is subject to change depending on the transfer activity of both sides between now and the end of the window.
    Seriously? What do you see that has happened to overturn the 20 point gap between the two sides last year?
    Member of the Twenty20 is Boring Society

Quote Originally Posted by grecian View Post
    C'mon Man U.
    RIP Craigos

Page 10 of 343 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread Information