• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which three clubs will survive the drop?

Which three clubs will survive the drop?

• Aston Villa, QPR, Blackburn

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aston Villa, Wigan, Blackburn

• Aston Villa, Bolton, Blackburn

• QPR, Wigan, Blackburn

• QPR, Bolton, Blackburn

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Got a horrible feeling the filth will survive. Haven't studied the runs ins though, so won't vote just yet.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
btw GIMH, if Wigan get relegated I dare say my gazillion billion million dollars is safe for a few years :ph34r:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Just to make things a bit clearer for people.

Run in
Villa - 36 points -14 f/a - West Brom (A), Spurs (H), Norwich (A)
QPR - 34 points -18 f/a - Chelsea (A), Stoke (H), Man City (A)
Wigan - 34 points -26 f/a - Newcastle (H), Rovers (A), Wolves (H)
Bolton - 33 points -28 f/a - Sunderland (A), Spurs (H), West Brom (H), Stoke (A)
Rovers - 31 points -26 f/a - Spurs (A), Wigan (H), Chelsea (A)

I voted Villa, Wigan and Bolton as they have the easiest run ins. :(

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Just to make things a bit clearer for people.

Run in
Villa - 36 points -14 f/a - West Brom (A), Spurs (H), Norwich (A)
QPR - 34 points -18 f/a - Chelsea (A), Stoke (H), Man City (A)
Wigan - 34 points -26 f/a - Newcastle (H), Rovers (A), Wolves (H)
Bolton - 33 points -28 f/a - Sunderland (A), Spurs (H), West Brom (H), Stoke (A)
Rovers - 31 points -26 f/a - Spurs (A), Wigan (H), Chelsea (A)

I voted Villa, Wigan and Bolton as they have the easiest run ins. :(
Thanks Ausage. :)

Purely going by the run in, Bolton and Wigan seem safe. But honestly, the fight between Villa, QPR and Rovers is just ridiculous. Villa probably take it based on league position, but I can totally seem them losing all three games.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks Ausage. :)

Purely going by the run in, Bolton and Wigan seem safe. But honestly, the fight between Villa, QPR and Rovers is just ridiculous. Villa probably take it based on league position, but I can totally seem them losing all three games.
Villa are going pretty rubbish, but if they manage a point from their last 3 games (which is probable) that means QPR need at least 4 points to pull ahead of them (or overturn the GD which seems unlikely given their respective opposition). Given QPR have City and Chelsea as their other 2 games I'd say they're unlikely to finish ahead of Villa.

QPR (and Rovers) best hope of survival is to hope that 2 of the other 4 stumble badly while winning their remaining "winnable" game. Wigan have been in pretty good form and you'd think Wolves on the last day is the most winnable game of the lot, while Bolton have the most realistic (and literal) chances to pick up points. In addition Rovers really need something against either Chelsea or Spurs which is pretty unlikely.

Who knows though. It'll might come down to which team is desperate enough to nab an upset victory at a top 6 team.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
A quick glance through the run-ins (thanks Ausage) has me predicting the following final tallies

Villa 37
QPR 35
Wigan 39
Scum 35
Blackburn 32

Which means bye bye Blackburn, and then either QPR or filth depending on GD.

EDIT - The forecast is in and it is gold and silver and sunshine! Filth have a ten deficit to QPR on GD.

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Villa going down would be genius. McLeish is just a terrible, terrible manager.

The fans have been really patient with him too (until last coupla weeks, anyway). With his Brum connexions I suppose one has to almost commend them, especially when compared to the hateful (& OTT) merde that's been directed at Kean by his own fans.

Anyway, looking at the run I can see them not getting another point. Badly need the R's to beat Stoke in that eventuality.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Blackburn will go and I want Villa to go too. Imagine the grief I can give my mate who supports them when my lot are only 1 division below the mighty Vile.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Villa going down would be genius. McLeish is just a terrible, terrible manager.

The fans have been really patient with him too (until last coupla weeks, anyway). With his Brum connexions I suppose one has to almost commend them, especially when compared to the hateful (& OTT) merde that's been directed at Kean by his own fans.

Anyway, looking at the run I can see them not getting another point. Badly need the R's to beat Stoke in that eventuality.
Really? Villa might be on a horror run of form but Brom and Norwich are hardly terrifying prospects.

Just on Kean I think a lot of the anger that should have been directed at Venkys probably went to Kean. He's trash, but you can't expect the man to turn down a PL managerial gig nor leave once his foots in the door. Get the feeling he hasnt been responsible for the more bewildering transfers either.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Remember a couple of months back when someone said 30 points would be enough to stay up? Even 35 won't do it now.