• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anyone follow the Serie A?

Craig

World Traveller
Mr. Ponting said:
Yay go us!:) Great win and good to see Ljungberg hit goal scoring form.:D he scored in the premier league too so its all godd..
Dont you mean its all good? or do you mean something else?

Simon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
hey craig, i noticed you called Inter's ground the San Siro, i thought only AC fans called it the San Siro. Or maybe ive got it the wrong way around, either way can someone remind me which way is right..........

Simon

Yes i know that, my understanding is that Inter fans call it its proper name (cant remember what that is) and AC fans call it the San Siro......

im not big on Italian football, im more into england and holland.

Craig

World Traveller
As I dont know Italian, I cant help you, but I will find out.

Also if you follow a league that has an over-rated sook, then the Srie A and AC Milan are for you.

The man I am talking about is Rivaldo.

Simon

I hope Rivaldo comes to play for liverpool, i think he will do quite well in the premiership, Liverpool really need another star to go with kewell, owen and gerrard if they want to challenge for the title in the next few seasons.

If i had to choose a Serie A side to support it would probably be Parma cause Marco Bresciano plays for them.

Craig

World Traveller
You are supporting quite a good club in Parma. They would probably challenge many a EPL team and probably would do well there.

BTW at Inter we have two members of the Australian u-20 team in our youth team.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I hope Rivaldo comes to play for liverpool, i think he will do quite well in the premiership, Liverpool really need another star to go with kewell, owen and gerrard if they want to challenge for the title in the next few seasons.
Rivaldo wouldn't fit into the side with Kewell there already IMO. I also don't see what he would add to the team.

Craig

World Traveller
Australia can lay claim to Inter striker Christian Vieri as he grew up in Australia and apprantly is a huge cricket fan and if he does decide to join Chelski (as speculation is growing that he will) he will be able to watch quite a bit of cricket.

I hope he doesnt join Cheklski, but this will be Inter's last chance to cash up big on him and I predict that will come close to be being up there in some record transfer fee.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Craig said:
I hope he doesnt join Cheklski, but this will be Inter's last chance to cash up big on him and I predict that will come close to be being up there in some record transfer fee.
If he goes I'd expect it'll be around £20m, nowhere near a record.

Craig

World Traveller
When Inter brought Crespo of Lazio they got him for over 33 million pounds so I would imagine they would go pretty high as Vieri is considered one of the top 5 or 6 strikers in the world.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
And Crespo has since moved for £17m.

The transfer market is very depressed and Vieri not as good as he used to be.

Top 5 or 6 strikers is pushing it IMO.

Craig

World Traveller
Actually I was wrong Crespo moved to Lazio for over that amount.

And you have to consider he has been injuried quite a bit but he did score 23 goals in 24 goals in 24 games last season for Inter and he has scored quite a few this season as well.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The fact he's got an injury track record would reduce his fee.

In the current market, he wouldn't go for anywhere near £30m, there's only 2 in the World that would, and they're both happy at their current clubs.

Craig

World Traveller
Apprantly Chelski are supposed to be interested in Parma goal keeper Sebiastian Frey.

IMO that doesnt make any sense to me. I doubt they would get rid of Cudicini, then there is Ambrosio who they brought Chievo Verona, Neil Sullevin off Tottenham and Jurgan Muncho off SUnderland.