• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Which Sports teams do you support

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Craig said:
Rugby League - Storm, Queensland
Rugby - Not a big follower these days so I don't really support any teams as such, will watch the occassional game though (more prefer the internationals), but I lean towards the All Blacks, but I'm no glory hunter as my passport is the same as Richie McCaw's (same country I mean but not as many stamps)
Cricket - Queensland Bulls
Cycling - Davitimon-Lotto, an interest in Discovery Channel, fav riders are Andres Kloden, Robbie McEwen, Damiano Cunego, and Ivan Basso (drug allegations or no drug allegations). Track - Graeme Obree (one for Steds - he is a Scotsman who set two world hour records on the track, and was World Champion twice, despite being a manic depressent who has tried to take his own life at least 3 or 4 times)
Football - you all know who :p and Queensland Roar, but I have always followed the progress of Italian Serie B team Hellas Verona - had some big names playing for them 5 or os seasons ago - Gilardino, Oddo, Mutu, Laursen (plays/played for Aston Villa but was/is more injury prone then Geoff Allott) etc. Would like for them to go in the next few seasons, if I'm in Verona, I would certainly go along to a few games.
I'd strongly recommend "A season with Verona" by Nick Parks. Possibly the best football fan's book ever. It follows Verona (Chievo were still Serie B at the time, so the "Hellas" was hardly ever used back then) during their 2000/01 season in Serie A. Parks's passion & love for the team is totally infectious. You end up really rooting for them & longing to stand on their Curva Sud. He's honest about Verona's fascist fans, candid about the conspiracy theories that abound in Italian football (with good reason, as it turns out) &, above all, very funny. There's a hilarious passage when the Verona ultras are trying to think of an offensive soubriquet for Udinese fans. From memory they settle on "earthquake victims". :p

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Thank god those puns have drawn to a close.

AFL - Geelong
Rugby League - Melbourne
Cricket - Victoria, Camberwell Magpies

Craig

World Traveller
BoyBrumby said:
I'd strongly recommend "A season with Verona" by Nick Parks. Possibly the best football fan's book ever. It follows Verona (Chievo were still Serie B at the time, so the "Hellas" was hardly ever used back then) during their 2000/01 season in Serie A. Parks's passion & love for the team is totally infectious. You end up really rooting for them & longing to stand on their Curva Sud. He's honest about Verona's fascist fans, candid about the conspiracy theories that abound in Italian football (with good reason, as it turns out) &, above all, very funny. There's a hilarious passage when the Verona ultras are trying to think of an offensive soubriquet for Udinese fans. From memory they settle on "earthquake victims". :p
Read it and quite enjoyed it.

Learnt a few words I could never say on here.