• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Obnoxious Footy Fans in the UK?

UK's worst fans?

• Total voters

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I reckon any club who ever spent more than three years in the top flight but now lives in a league below instantly qualifies for this. Can guarantee you'll hear 'we're a Premiership club' at least once each time you visit a team like that. Leeds, Leicester, Forest, Southampton, West Ham, QPR before actually becoming a Prem side etc. Pretty embarassing when they do it in League One tbh.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
More than 3 years excludes us tbh, the 3 years in the top flight were all pretty much a dreamland, we were never going to stay there. At least we have the memories though, better than losing in the playoffs 3 years in a row or something :ph34r:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
I reckon any club who ever spent more than three years in the top flight but now lives in a league below instantly qualifies for this. Can guarantee you'll hear 'we're a Premiership club' at least once each time you visit a team like that. Leeds, Leicester, Forest, Southampton, West Ham, QPR before actually becoming a Prem side etc. Pretty embarassing when they do it in League One tbh.
Wouldn't ever hear that at the Ricoh.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha well neither of those sides sprang to mind, certainly with regards to Oldham I'd bracket them in with the sides who are just grateful they got the opportunity, rather than seeing it as some sort of god given right.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Its quite easy to forget Coventry were top flight for so long.
Yes, at the time we went down I think there'd only been 3 or 4 teams with a longer unbroken run in the top flight.

Now we're the team that's been in the Championship the longest.

From next season it'll be launching our attempt to take the League 1 record.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yes, at the time we went down I think there'd only been 3 or 4 teams with a longer unbroken run in the top flight.

Now we're the team that's been in the Championship the longest.

From next season it'll be launching our attempt to take the League 1 record.
It was three, I think. Arsenal and the two Liverpool teams. Cov had been up there longer than Spurts and ManUre.

When did your chaps go down? I'd have guessed Ipswich had the longest current run in the second flight.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Bradford still think they're a big club, makes me chuckle.