• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 15 Discussion and Prediction Competition

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Happy to run a tipping competition again (perhaps do a LMS at the same time?). First match is the 24th of February so theres no rush to get in tips but I've copied the first week of fixtures to get the ball rolling.

Week 1 fixtures:
Blues vs Crusaders
Brumbies vs Force
Bulls vs Sharks
Chiefs vs Highlanders
Waratahs vs Reds
Lions vs Cheetahs
Stormers vs Hurricanes

Bye: Rebels

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
@Somerset - great to have you back on board somers it has been a while.

I have suggested this before but can I repropose the following feature. If a team is paying more than $2.50 to win and you back them you get double points for picking an upset.

Also havn't played last man standing before - my understanding is that you have to pick a different winning team each round. And you can't pick the same team twice - is this correct?

Cheers

PS - I have the world cup DVD at home and watched the world cup final again on the weekend - one of the best test matches I have seen.

ripper868

International Coach
I have suggested this before but can I repropose the following feature. If a team is paying more than $2.50 to win and you back them you get double points for picking an upset.
The advantage of picking an upset is you get the point when everyone else does not. No gimmicks, straight up tipping works best IMO.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
@Somerset - great to have you back on board somers it has been a while.

Also havn't played last man standing before - my understanding is that you have to pick a different winning team each round. And you can't pick the same team twice - is this correct?

Cheers

PS - I have the world cup DVD at home and watched the world cup final again on the weekend - one of the best test matches I have seen.
Thanks Hurricane. Have had a really busy few months which are only just beginning to return to normality. :) Yep you've got the right concept for LMS. Thought that might be something a little different to keep track of over the course of the season. With regards to the double points for picking upsets, if people want to introduce such a rule then I'm happy to go along with it...I'll let you guys debate amongst yourselves if you want a change to the status quo.

Quaggas

State Captain
Happy to run a tipping competition again (perhaps do a LMS at the same time?). First match is the 24th of February so theres no rush to get in tips but I've copied the first week of fixtures to get the ball rolling.
Week 1 fixtures:
Blues vs Crusaders
Brumbies vs Force
Bulls vs Sharks
Chiefs vs Highlanders
Waratahs vs Reds
Lions vs Cheetahs
Stormers vs Hurricanes

So what's the "LMS" tip? Some sort of lowest winning margin? Last man standing?

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
So what's the "LMS" tip? Some sort of lowest winning margin? Last man standing?
Yep, last man standing. So its just something independent from the tipping competition which might be fun. So From the 15 teams you keep picking one team each week until you get one incorrect, the condition being that you can't pick the same team to win twice.

Quaggas

State Captain
Yep, last man standing. So its just something independent from the tipping competition which might be fun. So From the 15 teams you keep picking one team each week until you get one incorrect, the condition being that you can't pick the same team to win twice.
Cheers. I'll take the one I'm least confident about for the LMS: Cheetahs

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Week 1 fixtures:
Blues vs Crusaders
Brumbies vs Force
Bulls vs Sharks
Chiefs vs Highlanders
Waratahs vs Reds
Lions vs Cheetahs
Stormers vs Hurricanes

LMS: Chiefs

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Week 1 fixtures:
Blues vs Crusaders
Brumbies vs Force
Bulls vs Sharks
Chiefs vs Highlanders
Waratahs vs Reds
Lions vs Cheetahs
Stormers vs Hurricanes

LMS: Cheetahs

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
MChange to Reds for LMS - all or nothing!
Keep in mind that you can't pick the Reds in the LMS every week Ripper, although I know you would if you could! ;)

Reminder to everyone that the season starts this Friday evening NZT.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Blues
Brumbies
Bulls
Chiefs
Waratahs
Lions
Stormers

Stormers for the LMS.

The season starts tonight so if you want to join in the tips you've got approximately 4 and a half hours from this post. :)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Blues vs Crusaders
Brumbies vs Force
Bulls vs Sharks
Chiefs vs Highlanders
Waratahs vs Reds
Lions vs Cheetahs
Stormers vs Hurricanes

LMS: Stormers

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Blues vs Crusaders
Brumbies vs Force
Bulls vs Sharks
Chiefs vs Highlanders
Waratahs vs Reds
Lions vs Cheetahs
Stormers vs Hurricanes

LMS: Bulls

ripper868

International Coach
Keep in mind that you can't pick the Reds in the LMS every week Ripper, although I know you would if you could! ;)
Haha well aware of this...figured I'll pick the reds to win in the first match and third most important match of the year (the 2nd being the Reds v Tahs in Brisbane and the first being the GF in Brisbane :p)