• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 15 Discussion and Prediction Competition

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Yes...Lol @ the Reds. The title win is going to be so sweet this year :ph34r:
Shocking couple of performances, but I still wouldn't bet against them finishing top of the Australian conference. As far as defending the title goes, thats a different story, and a potential knockout match in New Zealand or South Africa would be their undoing even with Cooper back at that stage of the season.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
LOL @ the Reds. Haven't watched much of this seasons competition (hence not defending my predictor title for the third time!) but wow the Reds in the past few weeks have been totally annihilated. Good win for the Sharks also, first in Canberra for 14 years and what a surprise from the Cheetahs, been desperately unlucky in previous rounds but that was a shock.
I think Brumby offers any new tipsters in the EPL competition one less point than the lowest tipster for any new players midway through the season (so you'd be gifted 20 points). So if you wanted to tip, and providing there were no objections, theres nothing to stop you joining in. ;)

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think Brumby offers any new tipsters in the EPL competition one less point than the lowest tipster for any new players midway through the season (so you'd be gifted 20 points). So if you wanted to tip, and providing there were no objections, theres nothing to stop you joining in. ;)
Given he won by 6 points or so last year and in the end was turning the whole thing into a farce by tipping rank upsets to ocurr (which they did) I would say he would still be a danger to win given that handicap.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Given he won by 6 points or so last year and in the end was turning the whole thing into a farce by tipping rank upsets to ocurr (which they did) I would say he would still be a danger to win given that handicap.
For the record, the margin was actually only four points (http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/general-sports-forum/49764-super-15-2011-a-47.html#post2601668). And apparently I won the previous year and I don't even remember doing so (http://www.cricketweb.net/forum/general-sports-forum/45657-super-14-2010-a-22.html#post2232244).

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Week Seven Fixtures:
Rebels vs Blues
Hurricanes vs Sharks
Reds vs Brumbies
Force vs Chiefs
Highlanders vs Stormers
Cheetahs vs Lions
Bulls vs Crusaders

Bye: Waratahs

Note that the Rebels vs Blues match is on Thursday at 9.30pm NZT (9.30am GMT).
frickin awful round to tip. Only the Stormers game looks like an easy one to call and even then the Highlanders are at home and have only lost once.

Chiefs for my LMS standing pick.

Will make my picks tomorrow.

ripper868

International Coach
Week Seven Fixtures:
Rebels vs Blues
Hurricanes vs Sharks
Reds vs Brumbies
Force vs Chiefs
Highlanders vs Stormers
Cheetahs vs Lions
Bulls vs Crusaders

LMS: Reds - Call me stupid, but I back my team.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Week Seven Fixtures:
Rebels vs Blues
Hurricanes Sharks *
Reds vs Brumbies
Force vs Chiefs
Highlanders vs Stormers
Cheetahs vs Lions
Bulls vs Crusaders

LMS Bulls

* I struggled with most of my selections but this one in particular if there were more than 3 points on offer for tipping the draw I would have done so. This game will be won by less than 7 points.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Just another reminder that the first match in the round is tomorrow night (Thursday) rather than the traditional Friday evening.

Quaggas

State Captain
Hmmmm, thing are becoming less clear by the week

Week Seven Fixtures:
Rebels vs Blues
Hurricanes vs Sharks
Reds vs Brumbies
Force vs Chiefs
Highlanders vs Stormers
Cheetahs vs Lions
Bulls vs Crusaders

LMS Cheetahs

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Week Seven Fixtures:

Rebels vs Blues
Hurricanes vs Sharks
Reds vs Brumbies
Force vs Chiefs
Highlanders vs Stormers
Cheetahs vs Lions
Bulls vs Crusaders

LMS: Cheetahs

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Week Seven Fixtures:
Rebels vs Blues
Hurricanes Sharks *
Reds vs Brumbies
Force vs Chiefs
Highlanders vs Stormers
Cheetahs vs Lions
Bulls vs Crusaders

LMS Bulls

* I struggled with most of my selections but this one in particular if there were more than 3 points on offer for tipping the draw I would have done so. This game will be won by less than 7 points.
Somerset I am changing to the hurricanes - based on mixed reviews I read about them in the Dom Post. One review made the coach sound like an ejit - He has not been picking a prop because he isn't mobile enough specifically that he doesn't make many tackles out wide. I realise we are in the modern era - but I think that is asking too much from a prop.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Somerset I am changing to the hurricanes - based on mixed reviews I read about them in the Dom Post. One review made the coach sound like an ejit - He has not been picking a prop because he isn't mobile enough specifically that he doesn't make many tackles out wide. I realise we are in the modern era - but I think that is asking too much from a prop.
Haha, a quick google validates your comment:
www.stuff.co.nz said:
Hurricanes coach Mark Hammett has been reluctant to use Bent in his second year of Super Rugby, preferring rookies Tristan Moran and Jeffery Toomaga-Allen to partner Ben May.

The decision has perplexed some pundits, especially the way Bent has settled the Hurricanes scrum when he has come off the bench. Bent said Hammett had told him he had preferred others in the squad because he wanted his props making tackles "out wide" as well as being more effective at cleaning out the breakdowns.
:unsure:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Haha, a quick google validates your comment:

:unsure:
Craziest part is that I heard the scrum was on the back foot in the last game because he is playing two rookie props who are very "mobile"

Backing them anyway on the basis of the other article I read.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Embarrassing. Admittedly they've lost their two best players (Kaino and Toeava) but even so, given the quality on paper of their side they're underperforming woefully. The last try to the Rebels summed up the night with the Blues asleep on defence and the Rebels try preventing the Blues from even picking up a bonus point.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hurricanes up 14-3 but it is all against the run of play. Sharks yet to bring on Bismark. This game is going to the sharks no doubt. Also Vito was suppossed to play this game and that is the reason why I backed them they have some plumber at 8 instead.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hurricanes win - took their opportunities - vital penalties to disrupt the Sharks when they were hot on attack. Game easily could have gone to the Sharks.

Strong performers for the Canes
Barrett - if the kid could kick goals he would be a future AB.
Jason Eaton - can see why they lost last week without him.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Quality performance from the Canes last night - they've certainly surprised me as I expected them to be struggling for survival, i.e. near the bottom of the NZ conference after their early South African tour. Pleased to see the Chiefs win though they made hard work of it against the Force.

A couple of crucial matches firstly tonight, with the Highlanders against the unbeaten Stormers, and then the Bulls vs Crusaders in Pretoria tomorrow morning. Might be worth staying up for.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Hurricanes win - took their opportunities - vital penalties to disrupt the Sharks when they were hot on attack. Game easily could have gone to the Sharks.

Strong performers for the Canes
Barrett - if the kid could kick goals he would be a future AB.
Jason Eaton - can see why they lost last week without him.
Interesting that the two you quite rightly mentioned as having strong matches both represent Taranaki. Southland had a period a couple of years ago where their players dominated the early rounds of Super Rugby following their Ranfurly Shield victory, and Taranaki seem to be the provisional side outside of the major areas doing so this season - particularly when you throw Andre Taylor's name in there too.