• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Super 15 Discussion and Prediction Competition

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Chiefs really dominant in the first half. Worried that the travel factor's caught up on the Sharks. The changes to the Sharks have been a real mixed bag - Lambie's been thoroughly outplayed by Robinson, but Jordaan has more than held his own against SBW.
I have been watching footage of Jordaan - look him up on youtube if you have time - he is like a young James O Connor.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I have been watching footage of Jordaan - look him up on youtube if you have time - he is like a young James O Connor.
Haven't seen it but I'll search for it during the week.

And Masaga with his first touch seals the deal!

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Giving up on the game now Chiefs are safe. Sharks needed to run it in the 2nd half and instead they tried to play percentage rugby. Poor coaching.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Giving up on the game now Chiefs are safe. Sharks needed to run it in the 2nd half and instead they tried to play percentage rugby. Poor coaching.
I think taking the penalty kick 20-3 down was an indication they'd given up after about 50 minutes. Chiefs thoroughly deserved to win but it was a bit disappointing it was so one-sided.

ripper868

International Coach
Wll played the chiefs.

Pity the title doesn't count if you fail to defeat the defending champions in the season you 'win' the trophy though :unsure:

In the end the best team won. Kudos to them.

Quaggas

State Captain
Yes, very well played. A bridge to far for the Natal boys.

Cheers, Somers for running and winning.

And huzzah for me, the wooden spooner!

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Tipping competition week twenty-one results:
BoyBrumby 3.1
Ripper868 3.1
Somerset 3.1
Hurricane 0
Quaggas 0
Johnners 0
Prince EWS 0

Final tipping competition standings:
Somerset 93.10
Hurricane 89.10
BoyBrumby 89.8
Ripper868 88.8
Quaggas 85.7
Johnners 77.3
Prince EWS 76.2

Last man standing 4:
Eliminated:
Ripper868 (Lions, Blues, Crusaders, Chiefs, Sharks)
Somerset (Blues, Bulls, Crusaders, Chiefs, Sharks)

Standing:
-

Last edited:

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Last man standing HOF:
Week 1 - Week 2: Somerset
Week 3 - Week 6: Prince EWS and Ripper868
Week 7 - Week 16: BoyBrumby
Week 17 - Week 21: Ripper868 and Somerset

Thanks to those who saw the season out. :) ITM Cup begins in just under two weeks for all those interested.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Last man standing HOF:
Week 1 - Week 2: Somerset
Week 3 - Week 6: Prince EWS and Ripper868
Week 7 - Week 16: BoyBrumby
Week 17 - Week 21: Ripper868 and Somerset

Thanks to those who saw the season out. :) ITM Cup begins in just under two weeks for all those interested.
Yep I'm into the ITM cup but perhaps get a count of those interested before finalising plans.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think that's enough waiting - start it up on cricsim...guaranteed you will get me, you, Heef (he will play it there), and Rego - plus one or two others thrown in.

Plus Rego is quite good for being an active participant for discussing each game - so that will give three of us to analyse the games.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Right the ITM discussion is heating up - I have mentioned you may run a pool. Just needs you over there now.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Right the ITM discussion is heating up - I have mentioned you may run a pool. Just needs you over there now.
Alright, what I'll do is I'll post a tipping thread over on Cricsim and on Cricketweb, and then combine the standings so that the Brumby/Ripper/Quaggas/etc can still compete here if they'd like.