Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

Well it's that time of year folks. Trials are starting soon and teams are back training. Surprised there hasn't been more chat given that the off season has been pretty eventful.

NRL Fixtures - 2012 NRL Draw - NRL.com

Manly imploding after the Grand Final was pretty incredible, it will be interesting to see how they go as a club when things stop travelling as well on the field. Des going to the mange was also interesting, the obviously didn't like the coach they had bred. Des obviously produced incredible results at Manly, but coming to a new organisation with different structures and (maybe most importantly) a different boss could change the dynamic for him. He'll have no shortage of talent to work with though and if Kevin Moore could get them within a game of the Grand Final...

I'll run the tipping again this year (if no one has any objections), but I also started up an NRL dream team league for CW. There's been a huge amount of changes to the scoring, with tries, try assist, tackle busts, line breaks and field goals all worth more points. This means that unlike previous years there are options other than the tackleaholic backrower for your forward pack. Penalties for knock ons, penalties and sin bins/send offs are raised too which adds an extra dimension.

So sign up at Toyota NRL Dream Team 2012 - NRL.com and enter the league code 105471 and finally prove who is the greatest NRL coach on CW. Everyone is welcome (especially Benchy).
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

You do an excellent job with the tipping competition (of which I'm the defending champion incidentally) and it's much appreciated by all. Anyway, I have bombshell news for my CW rugby league loving cousins. This year, the Queen's Birthday holiday has been moved to align with our NSW cousins. This means that we get to party on into the wee small hours of the following Monday too! And, in a transitional move for this year only, we still get our traditional Queen's Birthday holiday in June (coming under the banner of 'Queens Diamond Jubilee Public Holiday").
    - Winner of the 2011 and 2012 CricketWeb AFL tipping competition

- Winner of the 2011, 2012 and 2013 CricketWeb NRL tipping competition

Locked up inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Definitely up for the tipping after last year's plucky silver and have entered Stuntney St George into the DT thingy. Strong English flavour to my selections (well, kinda, Heighington's a bit of a plastic pom, but Ellis and Widdop are the real McCoys). Be good if we good get Simon & some old the old NRL-heads back.

NRL's back on Sky up here after several years, so I'll get to see more games this season.
    Cricket Web's 2013/14 Premier League Tipping Champion

- As featured in The Independent.

"as much a news event as an actual footballer, a worthy stop-start centre forward, but an all-time hyper-galactico when it comes to doing funny things with cars and hats, a player whose signing proves once again that the Premier League is still undoubtedly the best in the world when it comes to doing things with cars and hats."
    - Barney Ronay on Mario Balotelli

Interesting to see what comes of the trials this weekend. We've named a entirely reserve strength side against Ipswich, but some other teams, particularly Manly, have named nearly full strength teams. The Broncos and Titans matches look to be doubling as a shootout for the five/eigth spot. Backing Hunt and Henry respectively tbh.

It's all too ronery over at Cricket Web NRL Dream. Me and Brumbers just twiddling thumbs aws. It's pretty easy to set up, and really fun, would love some more members to get things interesting.

Will get there eventually, still plenty of time before the season starts right?

Anyone else bothering to watch the "All Stars" match? National Anthem just got slaughtered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

International Regular Bobisback's Avatar
    Everytime I've heard Gus Gould talk he has referenced cricket. Is Channel nine suffering on the ratings and he has been put out there to try to make people watch. Channel 9 cricket commentary is bad enough without Gus Gould being associated with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Partyush
    I didn't call you a fat bitch. So pipe down.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobisback View Post
    Everytime I've heard Gus Gould talk he has referenced cricket. Is Channel nine suffering on the ratings and he has been put out there to try to make people watch. Channel 9 cricket commentary is bad enough without Gus Gould being associated with it.
    Nah Gould has always loved his cricket. I remember chuckling when he said Lockyer had played X "First Class matches" and then had to explain to Sterling that it meant all NRL, ARL, Origin, Test, World Cup, City v Country, World Club Challenge and Super League games.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Good article on player movements this year

Joined DT ftr, massive turn-out so far 8|

Quote Originally Posted by Johnners View Post
    Joined DT ftr, massive turn-out so far 8|
    Good man

Yes it's been really poor. Need more signups stat!

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobisback View Post
    Gus Gould was the Wenty Waratahs Junior Cricketer of the year in 1970-71 ftr. Was a decent player. Played Green Shield for Parramatta iirc.

Has anyone else heard the awful news that that ****head Ray Hadley will now call the second Friday night game on Nine, from Queensland? I feel sorry for our Queensland cousins who get it first up. He thinks he's bigger than the game, that arsehole. Watch him turn a call of a footy match into a discussion about himself.

Odious human being.

Is there a DT competition for CWers? I'd be tempted to have a crack at it if there are spots available.
    Last edited by Burgey; 19-02-2012 at 09:46 PM.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Is there a DT competition for CWers? I'd be tempted to have a crack at it if there are spots available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    I'll run the tipping again this year (if no one has any objections), but I also started up an NRL dream team league for CW. There's been a huge amount of changes to the scoring, with tries, try assist, tackle busts, line breaks and field goals all worth more points. This means that unlike previous years there are options other than the tackleaholic backrower for your forward pack. Penalties for knock ons, penalties and sin bins/send offs are raised too which adds an extra dimension.

So sign up at Toyota NRL Dream Team 2012 - NRL.com and enter the league code 105471 and finally prove who is the greatest NRL coach on CW. Everyone is welcome (especially Benchy).
    Good man is the Burge, have always said so.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Has anyone else heard the awful news that that ****head Ray Hadley will now call the second Friday night game on Nine, from Queensland? I feel sorry for our Queensland cousins who get it first up. He thinks he's bigger than the game, that arsehole. Watch him turn a call of a footy match into a discussion about himself.
    Gotta feel for Andrew Voss. The man was groomed for years as the heir to Rabs throne only to be usurped at the 11th hour by his old boss. Hadley once gave him a serve on air, saying he was a decent commentator, but not cut out for a top job. The kind of guy that will always be a second in command.

Love Bolts

Hopefully he can work GIllard into the call

Mick Slater has been offered a job co-hosting The Footy Show

Page 1 of 92 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread Information