• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Very sad to hear about the passing of Jon Mannah. He was on the footy show with his brother a few years back and I remember thinking to myself what a nice family they were. Seemed like genuinely great people.

Simon

Supercoach and tipping and all that hoolah is starting. Might be time to do season predictions.
Mine as follows

1 Canterbury Bulldogs
2 Melbourne Storm
3 Newcastle Knights
4 Cronulla Sharks
5 Canberra Raiders
6 North Queensland Cowboys
7 Brisbane Broncos
8 Parramatta Eels
9 Manly Sea Eagles
10 South Sydney Rabbitohs
11 Sydney Roosters
12 Gold Coast Titans
13 New Zealand Warriors
14 Wests Tigers
15 Penrith Panthers
16 St George Illawarra Dragons

Premiers: Newcastle Knights
Runners Up: Melbourne Storm
State of Origin: Queensland 2-1
One Player to Make Origin Debut: Aaron Woods
Top Point Scorer: Michael Gordon
Top Tryscorer: Blake Ferguson
Best Buy: Luke Lewis or Beau Scott
Worst Buy: Michael Jennings

Other predictions
Steve Price will get sacked before round 14 by the Dragons
Jarryd Hayne will score on average more than one try per game before state of origin
Newcastle will lose less than 2 home games this season
Terry Campese will play more than 16 games in 2013
Australia will win the mid year test by more than 30 points.

uvelocity

International Coach
Supercoach and tipping and all that hoolah is starting. Might be time to do season predictions.
Mine as follows

1 Wests Tigers
2 Melbourne Storm
3 North Queensland Cowboys
4 Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
5 New Zealand Warriors
6 Manly Sea Eagles
7 South Sydney Rabbitohs
8 Cronulla TigerSharks
9 Parramatta Eels (it's the hope that will get you burgey)
10 Canberra Raiders
11 Brisbane Broncos
12 Newcastle Knights
13 Sydney Roosters
14 Penrith Panthers
15 St George Illawarra Dragons
16 Gold Coast Titans

Premiers: Wests Tigers
Runners Up: North Queensland Cowboys
State of Origin: NSW 3-0
One Player to Make Origin Debut: Aaron Woods
Top Point Scorer: Benji Marshall
Top Tryscorer: Marika Koroibete
Best Buy: Bwaithe Anasta
Worst Buy: Brett Finch

Other predictions
Steve Price will get sacked before round 4 by the Dragons
Jarryd Hayne will avg 1+ tries per game before state of origin but be miles behind Marika
Jacob Miller will win the Dally M
Benny Barba to win try of the year again

Is supercoach worth doing? never done it and not sure cbf

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I'll put up a 2013 thread up today. Trials/dreamteam/supercoach etc are all hitting me with emails so it's that time of year again.

Can't wait. Been missing footy.

Burgey

Supporting parramatta is like being a North Melbourne or a Richmond supporter. If you jag ninth or a spot at the tail end of the eight, you're happy.

I admire your optimism uve, but I don't see how para can get as high as ninth with the squad we have this year. I do hope they play Hayne at six all year though, and get him used to the position.

uvelocity

International Coach
mate the chances that will be right (tigers and titans aside) are pretty remote. may as well have a long range punt on laughing at you :laugh:

Simon

I disagree re Parramatta, we have seen in the past few years you can almost not write off any team as far as making the finals. The have quality players in a few positions

1 Hayne - as good as any fullback, could single handidly win 6 games by himself
4 Tonga - was **** last year but the year before was an Aussie rep, at his best is one of the best centres in the game.
5 Loko - if he doesnt get injured Parra have a gun winger here
7 Sandow - may like a pie but is one of the most creative players in the game, could win games off his own back if plays with confidence
8 Mannah - tipping a breakthrough year for him, will be a 250+ game all time great for the club one day
13 Maitua - Showed last year he still has it, in a confident team he goes well.

Plus theres some really ordinary sides like Penrith, Gold Coast, Dragons and Tigers. They only need to jag a bit of luck and they will definitely be 7th-10th.