Page 90 of 92 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1375

Thread: *Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

I wouldn't have a clue what happened in some flog union league
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    I reckon there is something wrong in League and Union when the top best leagues don't command the biggest pay cheque.
    I've always wondered about that. I'm assuming there are loads of super rich benefactors involved in the Union, particularly in Japan? I'm sure their TV deal isn't commanding high numbers and the crowds are tiny.

That kind of support isn't sustainable surely. Class structures change, people fall out of money or find other toys to pour disposable income into. Without strong fundamental support no investor will touch it without a significant personal interest in promoting the sport in the region.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    We are Parra. We want to pay massive dough for a winger who won't see the ball and who has been playing Aussie Rules. But the NRL won't let us.

Hear us roar.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

You'll get him. Stuart's just playing games with the media with the whole brick wall comments.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    I've always wondered about that. I'm assuming there are loads of super rich benefactors involved in the Union, particularly in Japan? I'm sure their TV deal isn't commanding high numbers and the crowds are tiny.

That kind of support isn't sustainable surely. Class structures change, people fall out of money or find other toys to pour disposable income into. Without strong fundamental support no investor will touch it without a significant personal interest in promoting the sport in the region.
    They get most of the money back outside basic Union income from TV deals and crowds. It is the advertising profits of having your brand mentioned in the media. Your not necessary playing SBW just for Rugby, he is basically doing a couple months of ads for Panasonic for example. Panasonic was mentioned about 10 times in the SBW press conference.

Also the rest of team get paid very little in general. So it not like there is 30 guys on one million each.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    We are Parra. We want to pay massive dough for a winger who won't see the ball and who has been playing Aussie Rules. But the NRL won't let us.

Hear us roar.
    Lol'd

The idea that you'l' over-paying both Folau & Sandow must warm the cockles of your heart though right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnners View Post
    Lol'd

The idea that you'l' over-paying both Folau & Sandow must warm the cockles of your heart though right?
    And there's Hopoate to look forward to next year!

Hopoate doesn't worry me so much, because the kid can cover wing, fullback and centre, and tbf I think he's the best of those three players by some margin.

If we had some halves we would have an awesome backline in 2014 wih Hayne, Folau and Hopoate in it. Pretty potent. Mind you, I expect Hayne to play five-eighth and for Stuart to persist with him there.

Hopoate doesn't worry me so much, because the kid can cover wing, fullback and centre, and tbf I think he's the best of those three players by some margin.

If we had some halves we would have an awesome backline in 2014 wih Hayne, Folau and Hopoate in it. Pretty potent. Mind you, I expect Hayne to play five-eighth and for Stuart to persist with him there.
    I wouldn't play Hayne at 6, but if it does happen you have a very handy replacement fullback in Mullaney. He's no Hayne, but he's a better fullback than Roberts is a 5/8 to put it that way.

A big part of Parra's problem last year was their pack. Poore, Tautai and Lasalo regularly featuring and no even decent 9 meant they never got rolling.

Yeah, why I would have loved Farah on board. Say what you like about the bloke, but he's a damn fine number 9.

Yeah, why I would have loved Farah on board. Say what you like about the bloke, but he's a damn fine number 9.
    Have a spy that tells me it was extremely close to a done deal. Would have been a much better buy than Folau.

taste it parra

taste it qld

Taste it shoulders.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    the most high profile user of the shoulder charge was sonny bill. enough said. weak ****ers the only loser
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

Thread Information