Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1375

Thread: *Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

go back to afl ****
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    go back to afl ****
    Lol.

Real shame actually, it was shaping up as a classic before Reynolds went off. Sutton just isn't able to direct a footy team around the park.

That was an epic kick to Asotasis face.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Bulldogs halves have fantastic kicking games close to the line, but against Melbourne they're going to need to have better long kicking games to get field position. Can't see them winning unless they get that right.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright View Post
    Bulldogs halves have fantastic kicking games close to the line, but against Melbourne they're going to need to have better long kicking games to get field position. Can't see them winning unless they get that right.
    A long kicking game is less important for the dogs because their forwards are absolute machines. Tolman, Kasiano, Graham, Pritchard and Eastwood are all better than any of the Melbourne pack barring Hoffman arguably. Their long kicking game will be irrelevant if they make 60 meters a set.

I hate to say it but I think a lot will hinge on the refs. If Melbourne keep it disciplined and make the most of their opportunities their big 3 can get them home. I'd still have my money on the Dogs though.

dogs. if melbourne win it will be a low scoring affair

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    A long kicking game is less important for the dogs because their forwards are absolute machines. Tolman, Kasiano, Graham, Pritchard and Eastwood are all better than any of the Melbourne pack barring Hoffman arguably. Their long kicking game will be irrelevant if they make 60 meters a set.

I hate to say it but I think a lot will hinge on the refs. If Melbourne keep it disciplined and make the most of their opportunities their big 3 can get them home. I'd still have my money on the Dogs though.
    Melbourne's defence is a lot better than Manly's or Souths. They are the king of the wrestle. The Dogs won't get the quick play the balls they have been getting. Their long kicks will be very important.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright View Post
    Melbourne's defence is a lot better than Manly's or Souths. They are the king of the wrestle. The Dogs won't get the quick play the balls they have been getting. Their long kicks will be very important.
    True. Still keeping down Kite, King and Lussick is a much easier assignment than any of the 5 I mentioned. It'll be interesting to see if they manage.

Will it be third time lucky for Krisnan Inu? Crazy to think that its his 3rd GF in 4 years all with different clubs.

Reckon its going to be a cracker of a final, we need it after really no match going down to the wire throughout the finals series.

I kind of want the QLD big 3 to win a Premiership legitimately but think the Dogs have been brilliant all year and probably deserve it more this year. Not sure how I feel about Keating being a Premiership winning halfback. He's really surprised me this year.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Canterbury's forwards are like a trip down memory lane, with the way they play before the line. Cassiano (sp?) set up at least two tries by drawing in defenders then popping a pass before the line.

It's great footy to watch, and very hard to handle. Melbourne will deal with Barba I suspect. They did it in 09 with Hayne too. Present a solid line on kick chases and in general, and let him make his play then shut it down. They won't worry if he makes 15 metres or so every time, they'll just hold off and contain him.

The Canterbury forwards are a far tougher ask for Melbourne in this game than the likes of Barba will be, imo.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Melbourne certainly didn't contain Barba up in Mackay earlier this year. Best game I've seen him play. Near singlehandedly won me the round in DT

It'll be interesting to see how things go on the fringes. Melbourne ripped Manly a new one but that was with Matai on one leg, Tafua having a shocker and Williams having a bludge. The Dogs have an extremely strong 2-5.

Also there's likely to be a born and bred Victorian playing in the NRL grand final

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Also there's likely to be a born and bred Victorian playing in the NRL grand final
    Yup, great news. Goes to show that it basically takes a generation for any effect to start seeping through.

I mean, here in Melbourne, there was basically no RL structure, much more union than league organised down here. So to produce their first player is a great achievement, and they've got three or four more in the wings.

Actually, looks like there won't be (unless I'm missing something and there's a Bulldogs player that you're talking about)...

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Actually, looks like there won't be (unless I'm missing something and there's a Bulldogs player that you're talking about)...
    Ahh yes that's the one. Shame.

Sheens gorn!

Coach Tim Sheens quits Wests Tigers after 10 years in charge | thetelegraph.com.au

I'd be really worried if I were a Tigers fan. Not so much that Sheens is gone but that he was forced out because he tried to move on a couple of Benjis favorite players. Whoever comes in is going to have a really hard time stamping his authority on the playing group if he knows he can be booted if he pisses off Benji.

Also the rumours about Farah to Parra have serious legs. He's not gone yet but there's a massive offer on the table and he's very seriously considering it.

Buckle up Tigers fans. It might get rough.

Page 83 of 92 FirstFirst ... 33738182838485 ... LastLast

Thread Information