Page 81 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,215 of 1375

Thread: *Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    haha grade A rant

Apart from Ennis the rest of the dogs playing group I find quite likeable. I think both the dogs and souths play a pretty attractive brand of football too. Can't carry so much hate around matey
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Its pretty weird but this new/old system has just made the finals series a little bit too predictable this year. Maybe its due to the top 5 being a class above the rest of the field, bring back a top 5 finals series!
    You're just saying that because you picked the Manly game #cowswozrobbed.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

It was weird really, I'm from Nth QLD mate, so I do like the Cowboys - I just didn't think they'd win.

Reckon it was pretty clear from the outset that the winner was going to come from one of the top 5 teams though. They were clearly the best teams during the year so any finals series would have seen the same result I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    haha grade A rant

Apart from Ennis the rest of the dogs playing group I find quite likeable. I think both the dogs and souths play a pretty attractive brand of football too. Can't carry so much hate around matey
    Actually agree with you on the Dogs from a purely footy perspective. Have really enjoyed watching them this year, even more so than Souffs who haven't been bad either. Enjoyed the Cows too.

But comon, hate is what makes the game go around. After a Penrith victory my favorite thing is seeing a player I hate get absolutely hammered or a team I hate get 50 put on them.

Encouraging rivalry is part of the reason I support the Bears coming back. Brings back one of the great rivalries in the game and pisses off Manly. Win/win.

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Reckon it was pretty clear from the outset that the winner was going to come from one of the top 5 teams though. They were clearly the best teams during the year so any finals series would have seen the same result I guess.
    Yeah no argument there. Thought the Sharks were smokeys but their mid season injury slump and losing Carney in the final really poured cold water on that.

I still think we're more likely to see a winner from the bottom 5 with this system. Fact remains that the path to the GF is easier for teams 7-8. Unlike the AFL we also have a mid season rep period which increases the likelyhood of the best teams finishing lower than they deserve if luck deserts them during Origin.

I dunno who the **** I'll support when we lose....don't like any of the three other teams left.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Encouraging rivalry is part of the reason I support the Bears coming back. Brings back one of the great rivalries in the game and pisses off Manly. Win/win.
    Why would be be pissed off the Bears come back. It just means there is another side that just there is make the numbers that have no chance of winning the comp. Also means extra games home game at Brookvale and ones less game to travel outside gods' country.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

northern eagles

should just deregister manly the ****s

Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00 View Post
    Why would be be pissed off the Bears come back. It just means there is another side that just there is make the numbers that have no chance of winning the comp. Also means extra games home game at Brookvale and ones less game to travel outside gods' country.
    Wasn't really a serious comment, hence the Expansion is too big an issue to be done for the lols, even if those lols are at Manlys expense.

Reckon the Bears on the CC would be good for Manly actually. A genuine rivalry to get tongues wagging on the north shore, fresh with memories of the Northern Eagles debacle.

Thoughts on Sheens, Ryan, Heighington and probably Ayshford shown the door at WT and Kite and Anasta incoming?

rushing out to gym but just quickly - i'm going to kill myself

Shades of Parra recruitment from a couple years back bringing in Chris Hicks, Paul Whatuira, Carl Webb, Chris Walker etc.

Absolutely diabolical decisions. Kite isn't terrible but still. Lol at Utai and Lote staying on. I heard Utai might get a THREE year contract.

There's got to be some factional **** going down for the exact same people (Ayshford aside) reported to be off to Penrith last year being shown the door at the exact same time a year later.

Also I remember Kite saying he'd need big money to be taken away from Manly.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Wasn't really a serious comment, hence the Expansion is too big an issue to be done for the lols, even if those lols are at Manlys expense.

Reckon the Bears on the CC would be good for Manly actually. A genuine rivalry to get tongues wagging on the north shore, fresh with memories of the Northern Eagles debacle.
    Would be nice from a silvery POV to have the Bears back.

But personally think their is already enough teams in NSW. Queensland, Perth or NZ need more/new teams.

Page 81 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast

Thread Information