• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

uvelocity

International Coach
I don't like seeing players get injured, don't even hate loleels. Just wanted to stab burgey in the stomach.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is an embarrassing performance. Worst in about 5 years, and it's had some decent competition.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dugan has done his AC. Would think no Origin for him.

Thoughts on Mateo for a NSW bench spot? Playing so well ATM.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Mateo is a good chance of making the bench for NSW, as a QLDer having him and Tony Williams would worry me more than someone like Creagh.

The following players are probably aiming for 3 backrow positions and 2 bench spots.

Greg Bird
Tony Williams
Glenn Stewart
Trent Merrin
Anthony Watmough
Luke Lewis
Feleti Mateo

I'm going to assume that Gallen will be a starting prop.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Hoping to pile on the pain for the Squeals on Friday tbh. Going to the game, hoping to be the obnoxious away fan like I was at the Roosters game last week. Good times.

Rabbits were ridiculous today. We weren't at our best but they made us look worse. Have a feeling they'll do that to a few teams this year, but reckon they'll also lose games no other team would have lost.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
He's someone I bet all his team-mates love playing with and it's tempting to try and find him a role somewhere but the attacking structure of a team's backline just completely goes to pot whenever he plays. It's not worth it. If he was ever going to thrive it was going to be outside Thurston as he could let him do the creative work and go about Burnsing (perhaps it's even partly why he is the way he is?) and that didn't work so it's definitely not going to work with Walsh. I'd have used the offseason to work with Coote and try to push him up to five-eighth so Gordon could play fullback, but instead they've used the offseason to yet again convince people into giving Burns another chance because Mr. Preseason himself has unsurprisingly starred in a couple of trials.
I'm on the bandwagon tbh. He hasn't progressed as a half this year. Looks worse than ever.

His second try yesterday was typical Burns. Awful grubber that an NRL standard 6 would be ashamed of. Gets to the Souffs player first, one on one strip to score a try.

What do we do with him? We can't keep him at 6 but there's got to be a place on the footy field for a guy with that much determination.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Burns to lock, Seijka 6, Nathan Smith to Windsor or at best, the bench.
He's tiny for a backrower though, only 85kg. He deals well with blokes bigger than him but there's a difference between hitting a wide running backrower once or twice a game and having prop forwards running at you all day. Is it really as simple as bulking him up a bit and dumping him there?

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'm on the bandwagon tbh. He hasn't progressed as a half this year. Looks worse than ever.

His second try yesterday was typical Burns. Awful grubber that an NRL standard 6 would be ashamed of. Gets to the Souffs player first, one on one strip to score a try.

What do we do with him? We can't keep him at 6 but there's got to be a place on the footy field for a guy with that much determination.
Mascot

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Man with Graham on the left and Bukuya on the right the Sharks look pretty good in the middle. Just rolling over the Manly forwards.