Page 79 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,185 of 1375

Thread: *Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

one in a row iirc
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

I picked the Cows for the comp at the start of the year. IMO they have one of the best on paper sides going around. They have the best half in the game, the best starting front row, a fantastic fullback who's in career best form, a backrow that has both impact and hardwork (despite the loss of Tariq) and edges with speed power and experience. Obviously the game isn't played on paper but I reckon they're a real shot this year, possibly the best chance they'll have for a good while.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    I picked the Cows for the comp at the start of the year. IMO they have one of the best on paper sides going around. They have the best half in the game, the best starting front row, a fantastic fullback who's in career best form, a backrow that has both impact and hardwork (despite the loss of Tariq) and edges with speed power and experience. Obviously the game isn't played on paper but I reckon they're a real shot this year, possibly the best chance they'll have for a good while.
    Yeah I put a huge bet on them not far into the season at massive odds; it's a running joke on another forum that I'll be able to retire if they win the comp. I still don't think they'll actually do it because their defence is poor in a very areas and they inexplicably turn to **** whenever they travel to Sydney, but they're certainly a better chance than the 32/1 or whatever odds I got for them.
    ~ Cribbage ~

Rejecting 'analysis by checklist' and 'skill absolutism' since December 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    Yeah I put a huge bet on them not far into the season at massive odds; it's a running joke on another forum that I'll be able to retire if they win the comp. I still don't think they'll actually do it because their defence is poor in a very areas and they inexplicably turn to **** whenever they travel to Sydney, but they're certainly a better chance than the 32/1 or whatever odds I got for them.
    They have trouble in Sydney, but Manly hardly bring the biggest, most vocal crowd in the business. If they get through that they won't be back in Sydney before the GF.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    I'm sure if it didn't take 2 hours to get to SFS more Manly fans would turn up. It actually quicker taking double the distance to go to ANZ, then SFS.

I'll be there as I was with 15k plus that made the trip to ANZ and made the trip to SFS last year for the corresponding game.

The public transit issue is all the locals fault here as they don't want a train line in the area. But if they had a direct bus to SFS, I'm sure more fans would make the trip across. Anyone that doesn't work in the city is going to struggle to get the game before kick off from Manly.

It is all a moot point as it finals and should go to matches to support our team. But the NRL and SFS should make it easier to access the ground.

Loving the us being written off, was danger going into the finals as favourites.

Burher will play in the centres for Manly and Oldfield will come onto the wing and Whare in the centres. It not Lyon and Matai, but they are all first grade standard, definitely not premiership though. Reckon we can get through one game without them. T-rex won't get moved into the centres. They play K.Foran in centres before him and his brother in the halves.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

****en disgraceful video refs again

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Semi final on tonight bois.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

zip it

Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    i see your stupid benefit of the doubt rule has struck again
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

bod has a place, refs are just idiots

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    That may be the single worst video ref decision ever made. Unbelievable.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    bod has a place, refs are just idiots
    Yes, it has a place...but the bod going to the attacking side doesn't. It's something I just can't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    That may be the single worst video ref decision ever made. Unbelievable.
    didnt watch origin?

I won't comment on the 1st one as I haven't seen it, but I perfectly understand the 2nd one being given BOD. As the AFL review system has shown time and time again this season, it's ****ing hard to positively identify a slight touch of finger onto the ball...my problem is that if you can't be certain it's a legitimate try, you shouldn't hand it out. I'd flicked over to the NRL so I was watching it live, and as soon as I saw it was coming down to the touch of the finger on the ball, I knew it was being given. You just can't be certain.

Page 79 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Thread Information