Page 71 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1375

Thread: *Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

**** me. gutting.

apalling reffing all round, but the teams were both very good so fitting they were tied after 80, we had every chance in the dropkickathon so fair play doggies. really looked up for it though, hope we make the 8, convinced we can win from there.
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . For support rather than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Reckon the Tigers got shafted there. Farah scored, and there was a definite obstruction in the last Mange try.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

"When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

don't know if farah scored tbh, but that try was roobish from them, but we leveled it anyway and blew 3 or 4 decent fg attempts so hard to blame anything but that

also I reckon (and have done for a long time, not just reactive) that an OTL should net the team 1 point ala american sports.

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Just think if you're going to have golden point (I don't mind a draw ffs) a side which loses would get one point and the winner two.

As it stands a side gets flogged by 50 and ends up with the same result as a team which drew at full time. Rubbish rule.

thats what i said

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    I reckon you should get 3 points for a win. If a game is drawn after 80 get a point each and if you win in extra time you get 1 more point. I'd also be happy with games being drawn and no golden point.

Another option could be to get 4 points for a win. 1 point each for a draw at 80 minutes. Play a full 5 minutes each way even if field goal is kicked. The game is finished if a team scores a try and get 3 points. If a team win after full 10 minutes team ahed gets 1 extra points. Won't happen, but promotes try scoring in extra time.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

So Brian McClennan has resigned as Warriors coach. We've been **** but I thought he'd at least get another crack next year.

Kearney to replace him? Not really keen on that tbh, the Eels were worse than the Warriors under him.

Quote Originally Posted by BackFootPunch View Post
    So Brian McClennan has resigned as Warriors coach. We've been **** but I thought he'd at least get another crack next year.

Kearney to replace him? Not really keen on that tbh, the Eels were worse than the Warriors under him.
    I think he jumped before being pushed.

It could be argued that the Eels had less to work with than the Warriors though. Parra are a bottom 4 team who added Sandow, Roberts and Tonga, all of whom haven't played as well as they would have hoped. The Warriors are far more disappointing considering what they achieved just a year ago under a different coach, with arguably an improved roster. The amount of times they've lost a game they were leading with 10 to go is staggering.

That said I wouldn't be keen to replace him with Kearney either. I wonder if they'll go back to Daniel Anderson.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

The Warriors lost key personal at the wrong time. Mannering is enormous for them. Locke, Ropati, Matulino and Sam Rapira all being out injured especially at the pointy end of the season hasn't helped at all.

They have every chance next year to finish in the top 4 regardless of who the coach is as its obvious they have so many talented players available to them.

Manly had injuries to key personnel throughout the year too, but they hung in there and are now well in the mix. Injuries don't help, but they happen to lots of clubs and handling them is part of being a good team. They've been in games against the better teams all year, just haven't been able to hold on, which is either fitness or mental. Either way it's the coach's domain.

But yes I completely agree they'll bounce back. Still think they'll need a good coach to ensure it happens though.

Any experienced Aussie coaches coming off contract/getting sacked end of this season? I know the Warriors are big on using Kiwi resources where possible but I really think someone experienced in the NRL is what we need to get the best out of these players.

McClennan and Kearney have both proved they're capable of bringing a group like the national team together to win a big one-off match (Tri Nations, World Cup etc) but the NRL is a completely different beast.

Quote Originally Posted by BackFootPunch View Post
    Any experienced Aussie coaches coming off contract/getting sacked end of this season? I know the Warriors are big on using Kiwi resources where possible but I really think someone experienced in the NRL is what we need to get the best out of these players.
    Anderson, Folkes and Elliott are probably the most experienced Aussie coaches looking for work atm. Stone, Dymock and Henjak are less experienced but out of work. Of the teams in the bottom half only Smith would be even a remote possibility of being available for 2013 (Sheens, Furner and Cartwright aren't going anywhere). Nathan Brown and Graham Murray always seem to get mentioned when there's a coaching vacancy.

My gut tells me they'll get a Kiwi, but no idea really.

In other news the game's TV deal is out for the next 5 years. 1.025b over 5 years with NZ and internet rights not finalized.

Great money obviously, more than double what the game is working with currently. Fixed schedule for the first 20 rounds is also pretty good. Looks like we're stuck with Friday night Broncos for the time being though, thirteen Sunday night matches and Sunday FTA is still a delayed game so not all good news.

Any news on a Fox NRL channel?

Quote Originally Posted by vic_orthdox View Post
    Any news on a Fox NRL channel?
    There were rumours of dedicated RL channel earlier in the day but I don't see an announcement.

Would absolutely love that.

Page 71 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread Information