Page 69 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1375

Thread: *Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

  1. #1021
    International Captain Ausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I'll show ye!!
    Posts
    5,310
    Ahh yes round 1. We had matched it with the Bulldogs eventually going down by 8 points. The year seemed full of hope. They'd put 50 on us at the minute.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

    Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

    RIP Craig

  2. #1022
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,706
    told you to change it pews

    fmd kill me now
    Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    I just love all kinds of balls.

  3. #1023
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,706
    maiden try and a hatty on the same night, well done korobiete!

    making the 8 will be a waste of time if we defend like this though

  4. #1024
    International Captain Ausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I'll show ye!!
    Posts
    5,310
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    told you to change it pews

    fmd kill me now
    Lulz.


  5. #1025
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,706
    and four! haha

  6. #1026
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,706
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Lulz.
    well my still being alive means everyone's a winner!

  7. #1027
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,706
    (except burgey)

  8. #1028
    International Captain Ausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I'll show ye!!
    Posts
    5,310
    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    well my still being alive means everyone's a winner!
    Including Penrith!

  9. #1029
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,706
    yep Penrith may receive another visit one day.

    monday night extra is such a good show. paying out on clint newton ftw

  10. #1030
    Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Posts
    37,156
    Sounds like a thriller.

    #trollinainteasy
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

    Thanks.

  11. #1031
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Spikey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    All Glory To The Nev
    Posts
    32,627
    luke burt missed a goal. what a loser #sackhim #useless
    Indians can't bowl - Where has the rumour come from as I myself and many indian friends arwe competent fast bowlers ?

    With the English bid I said: Let us be brief. If you give back the Falkland Islands, which belong to us, you will get my vote. They then became sad and left

  12. #1032
    Request Your Custom Title Now! Simon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    25,599
    Defence not the winner tonight.

  13. #1033
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    I really like the look of the Dogs (washes mouth out). The ball movement through the forwards makes them much more interesting to watch (and more difficult to defend) than most teams these days. Barba and Reynolds have been punishing uneven defenses all year and picking up Inu and Perrett solidified their edge. I think they're really solid in all areas and will be really hard to stop.

    Makes me want to vomit.

    Reckon they'll play Melbourne in the final. I'm just conditioned to expect Souffs to give us a good lol moment at some point, while Manly, Cows and Sharks aren't quite cut from the same cloth as the top 3.

    PEWS I'm gathering you're a fan of Coote @6 then?

    So depressing seeing both Coote and Gordon line up in our spine on the weekend.
    The use of creative forwards around the ruck was, along with Hayne's run of form, the thing which really took Parra to the 09 GF. If the offloads don't stick then of course it's messy, but I can't really understand why more teams don't do it, and why it was coached out of Parra since 09 is beyond me. It's probably the easiest way to break up a defensive line in modern rugby league, with the propensity for gang tackling.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"

    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

    "Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

  14. #1034
    International Captain Ausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I'll show ye!!
    Posts
    5,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    The use of creative forwards around the ruck was, along with Hayne's run of form, the thing which really took Parra to the 09 GF. If the offloads don't stick then of course it's messy, but I can't really understand why more teams don't do it, and why it was coached out of Parra since 09 is beyond me. It's probably the easiest way to break up a defensive line in modern rugby league, with the propensity for gang tackling.
    You'd probably remember it a bit clearer than I, but I seem to remember 09 Parra relying a lot more on second phase play to create holes for Hayne/Mortimer. The Dogs aren't doing that so much. Blokes like Pritchard and Kasiano are playing almost like halves, getting the ball one out, running to the line and spreading it wide to a second receiver (often another forward). Except instead of drawing a couple of defenders like an 80kg halfback, they're 110kgs and need to be covered by more players which creates holes for Barba/Reynolds. It's more systematic than Parra 09, but Parra didn't need it to be as Hayne was shredding set defensive lines alongside broken ones.
    Last edited by Ausage; 06-08-2012 at 08:32 PM.

  15. #1035
    Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    The Castle
    Posts
    41,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    You'd probably remember it a bit clearer than I, but I seem to remember 09 Parra relying a lot more on second phase play to create holes for Hayne/Mortimer. The Dogs aren't doing that so much. Blokes like Pritchard and Kasiano are playing almost like halves, getting the ball one out, running to the line and spreading it wide to a second receiver (often another forward). Except instead of drawing a couple of defenders like an 80kg halfback, they're 110kgs and need to be covered by more players which creates holes for Barba/Reynolds. It's more systematic than Parra 09, but Parra didn't need it to be as Hayne was shredding set defensive lines alongside broken ones.
    Probably true. But it just shows that you only really need a slight variation from the norm to cause chaos in defensive lines these days, because of the ways they're programmed to tackle. You would think more sides would find their own variations on this theme. One out stuff just gets chewed up these days.

Page 69 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ***Official*** DRS discussion thread
    By morgieb in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1873
    Last Post: 20-09-2013, 11:32 AM
  2. CW Players A-Z
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum CW Development League
    Replies: 316
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 11:35 PM
  3. Replies: 1328
    Last Post: 30-03-2006, 02:45 AM
  4. Clubs Press Releases
    By Slats4ever in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 13-04-2004, 06:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •