• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
We are Parra. We want to pay massive dough for a winger who won't see the ball and who has been playing Aussie Rules. But the NRL won't let us.

Hear us roar.
Lol'd

The idea that you'l' over-paying both Folau & Sandow must warm the ****les of your heart though right?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hopoate doesn't worry me so much, because the kid can cover wing, fullback and centre, and tbf I think he's the best of those three players by some margin.

If we had some halves we would have an awesome backline in 2014 wih Hayne, Folau and Hopoate in it. Pretty potent. Mind you, I expect Hayne to play five-eighth and for Stuart to persist with him there.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Hopoate doesn't worry me so much, because the kid can cover wing, fullback and centre, and tbf I think he's the best of those three players by some margin.

If we had some halves we would have an awesome backline in 2014 wih Hayne, Folau and Hopoate in it. Pretty potent. Mind you, I expect Hayne to play five-eighth and for Stuart to persist with him there.
I wouldn't play Hayne at 6, but if it does happen you have a very handy replacement fullback in Mullaney. He's no Hayne, but he's a better fullback than Roberts is a 5/8 to put it that way.

A big part of Parra's problem last year was their pack. Poore, Tautai and Lasalo regularly featuring and no even decent 9 meant they never got rolling.

Burgey

Yeah, why I would have loved Farah on board. Say what you like about the bloke, but he's a damn fine number 9.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah, why I would have loved Farah on board. Say what you like about the bloke, but he's a damn fine number 9.
Have a spy that tells me it was extremely close to a done deal. Would have been a much better buy than Folau.

Spikey

the most high profile user of the shoulder charge was sonny bill. enough said. weak ****ers the only loser

howardj

International Coach
So the new CEO can't even name the Australian Captain

Look, I understand the need for business heads, but the Commission already lacks league nous (with only Wayne Pearce and John Grant having a background in league). Yes, league is in a sense a business, but to get the best out of the business, you need to understand the game, what grows it, and what the fans want.

In my view, the appointments have gone too far the other way - and this is reflected in the TV deal they brokered earlier this year (with only one FTA game for the next five years, a real lack of daytime football, and no relief for the representative players in terms of the State of Origin timing etc).

howardj

International Coach
And the thing I like about Demetriou is that he can hose down day to day bushfires in the game (e.g. judiciary, interchange, flooding etc.) because he understands the sport. He can answer both business-related questions and very importantly day-to-day issues that arise in the actual game itself. All told, he provides public direction on matters on field and off.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What a bad draw, so many things I disagree with.

- Broncos getting so many Friday night matches is annoying, even as a Bronco supporter.
- Raiders only getting 1 Free to Air game
- Panthers and Knights getting none - Not that FTA is that amazing, only 1/3 is live
- Manly 7 Monday Night matches is a joke.

There are other issues too but those are the ones I've noticed at first glance.

howardj

International Coach
Fully supporting the players Re the salary cap increase

Bigger TV deal than the AFL

Yet, divide our $5 million cap by 30

And the $9 million AFL cap by 40