• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

uvelocity

International Coach
falcon! creagh

interesting comment from borris – q) what are you guys missing? a) a ball playing full back

well.

as long as we win 1 of the last 3 (roosters) we should be 8th with 28 pts

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
So anyway PEWS you didn't talk about why you've picked up Coote as your avatar.

In other news we're so getting the spoon :(

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So anyway PEWS you didn't talk about why you've picked up Coote as your avatar.

In other news we're so getting the spoon :(
I co-founded the "Lachlan Coote is Gun Association" in March 2009 and I've been calling for him to play five-eighth since mid last season. In fact I think I even made a post here suggesting it in the pre-season. He finally got moved there and looked more comfortable than he had in ages in his first couple of games, so I decided to celebrate. I think I may have become somewhat of a jinx though because the Melbourne game was a complete write-off and he didn't have a great game against Canberra.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I co-founded the "Lachlan Coote is Gun Association" in March 2009 and I've been calling for him to play five-eighth since mid last season. In fact I think I even made a post here suggesting it in the pre-season. He finally got moved there and looked more comfortable than he had in ages in his first couple of games, so I decided to celebrate. I think I may have become somewhat of a jinx though because the Melbourne game was a complete write-off and he didn't have a great game against Canberra.
Forwards got absolutely melted both games so it's tricky to judge. Robinson was better off the bench against tired packs and didn't seem to have as much impact in the run on side yesterday. Coote still got Jennings early ball which no other 5/8 has been able to do. On the plus side he only missed 4 tackles yesterday.

I've always liked Coote but I felt the same about him at FB as you did about Burns at 5/8. I just don't think he has it in him. He's not fast or strong enough. He was really safe but his deficiency in other areas was starting to dent his confidence making him nervous/heart attack merchant. Was always on the 5/8 train because I figured that was the only way we could keep both Gordon and Coote at the club. Too little too late I guess :(

howardj

International Coach
my employer bought me a Broncs season ticket and, well yeah other than our only Sunday home game this year, this is honestly the 1st game of the season that I am looking forward to.

uvelocity

International Coach
**** me. gutting.

apalling reffing all round, but the teams were both very good so fitting they were tied after 80, we had every chance in the dropkickathon so fair play doggies. really looked up for it though, hope we make the 8, convinced we can win from there.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Reckon the Tigers got shafted there. Farah scored, and there was a definite obstruction in the last Mange try.

uvelocity

International Coach
don't know if farah scored tbh, but that try was roobish from them, but we leveled it anyway and blew 3 or 4 decent fg attempts so hard to blame anything but that

uvelocity

International Coach
also I reckon (and have done for a long time, not just reactive) that an OTL should net the team 1 point ala american sports.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Just think if you're going to have golden point (I don't mind a draw ffs) a side which loses would get one point and the winner two.

As it stands a side gets flogged by 50 and ends up with the same result as a team which drew at full time. Rubbish rule.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I reckon you should get 3 points for a win. If a game is drawn after 80 get a point each and if you win in extra time you get 1 more point. I'd also be happy with games being drawn and no golden point.

Another option could be to get 4 points for a win. 1 point each for a draw at 80 minutes. Play a full 5 minutes each way even if field goal is kicked. The game is finished if a team scores a try and get 3 points. If a team win after full 10 minutes team ahed gets 1 extra points. Won't happen, but promotes try scoring in extra time.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
So Brian McClennan has resigned as Warriors coach. We've been **** but I thought he'd at least get another crack next year.

Kearney to replace him? Not really keen on that tbh, the Eels were worse than the Warriors under him.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
So Brian McClennan has resigned as Warriors coach. We've been **** but I thought he'd at least get another crack next year.

Kearney to replace him? Not really keen on that tbh, the Eels were worse than the Warriors under him.
I think he jumped before being pushed.

It could be argued that the Eels had less to work with than the Warriors though. Parra are a bottom 4 team who added Sandow, Roberts and Tonga, all of whom haven't played as well as they would have hoped. The Warriors are far more disappointing considering what they achieved just a year ago under a different coach, with arguably an improved roster. The amount of times they've lost a game they were leading with 10 to go is staggering.

That said I wouldn't be keen to replace him with Kearney either. I wonder if they'll go back to Daniel Anderson.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The Warriors lost key personal at the wrong time. Mannering is enormous for them. Locke, Ropati, Matulino and Sam Rapira all being out injured especially at the pointy end of the season hasn't helped at all.

They have every chance next year to finish in the top 4 regardless of who the coach is as its obvious they have so many talented players available to them.