• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Suspensions in the NRL are just ridiculously long

If that bloke gets 17 weeks tonight, I will whistle dixey (what is that?)
Absolutely unbelievable that Burns is up for 12 weeks for a hit nowhere near as bad as the one that landed Matt Prior 5. Nobody but a Penrith fan could like Burns, but there's no reason to piss on the corpse of consistency.

For comparison.

Burns: Travis Burns high tackle on Martin Kennedy - YouTube

Prior: Matt Prior Hit On Jonathan Thurston - YouTube

Not to downplay what was a shocking hit, but there is absolutely no question which "tackle" poses a greater threat to safety.

Not sure where they'll go with the Inglis one. It was pretty ugly, but Young being pulled down and flipped over while was looking backwards (and not bracing for a hit) wasn't something Inglis had much control over. Still a very dangerous hit that went very wrong. If we want the shoulder charge to stay in the game then they have to punish that sort of thing pretty severely.

Greg Inglis Big Hit On Dean Young 2012 - YouTube

Last edited:

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Suspensions in the NRL are just ridiculously long

If that bloke gets 17 weeks tonight, I will whistle dixey (what is that?)
I guess it comes from I Wish I Was in Dixie, the southern American standard.

I always thought "Whistlin' Dixie" meant doing eff all. As in "Quit whistlin' dixie and lend a hand".

Been wrong before tho.

howardj

International Coach
The big problem with Inglis's suspension is the consistency. Is it that much worse than the other shoulder charges this season?
Agree

And the thing is, at the point of contact, there was no raised anything

Even if you ban shoulder charges, it's irrelevant with this incident as the attacker literally ran into GI's tricep

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Is it just me or is no one really standing out. I know Dogs and Souths keep winning, but they don't look that special to me.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Is it just me or is no one really standing out. I know Dogs and Souths keep winning, but they don't look that special to me.
I really like the look of the Dogs (washes mouth out). The ball movement through the forwards makes them much more interesting to watch (and more difficult to defend) than most teams these days. Barba and Reynolds have been punishing uneven defenses all year and picking up Inu and Perrett solidified their edge. I think they're really solid in all areas and will be really hard to stop.

Makes me want to vomit. :sick:

Reckon they'll play Melbourne in the final. I'm just conditioned to expect Souffs to give us a good lol moment at some point, while Manly, Cows and Sharks aren't quite cut from the same cloth as the top 3.

PEWS I'm gathering you're a fan of Coote @6 then?

So depressing seeing both Coote and Gordon line up in our spine on the weekend. :(

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Manly haven't been playing well enough to win.

Souths only real lol moment this year was the Roosters choke, and that was back in Round 1. Still a good hope of making the GF imo.