• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Who do you support out of curiosity?

You have us at a disadvantage. :ph34r:
I support whoever is playing the Broncos :D

I don't really have a team that I follow closely now. I used to when I was young (it was Parramatta actually), but probably haven't really followed anyone closely since I was about 13 or 14.

There are a few teams I like to see win, and a few I like to see lose, but I'm not overly passionate about any one team any more.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Oh and see former NRL player Craig Field has been charged with murder. Happened in my hometown of Kingscliff no less. Some of my mates that I used to play cricket with also played footy with the bloke for Cudgen:

http://http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/former-nrl-star-craig-field-arrested-over-alleged-pub-assault-in-kingscliff/story-e6frf7jo-1226427044643
Found it interesting that despite playing for Souffs for 6 years, Manly for 3 he most of the articles about the murder have him in a Tigers jersey.

Anyway absolute grub. Throw away the key.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Found it interesting that despite playing for Souffs for 6 years, Manly for 3 he most of the articles about the murder have him in a Tigers jersey.

Anyway absolute grub. Throw away the key.
He played for the Tigers most recently; it's easier to find photos from 1999-2001 than it is from 1990-1998.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
it's also because everyone knows a tigers player is more likely to kill than players from any other club

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
He played for the Tigers most recently; it's easier to find photos from 1999-2001 than it is from 1990-1998.
Marginally easier. There are loads of photos from both eras all over the net. I just think most people would know him as a Souths player (captain) who wound his career down at the Tigers.

Going with Spikey's theory ftr.

Son Of Coco

Good to see my boys the Titans up against the Broncos tonight. Come on team!

Broncos getting their obligatory kisses on the dick from the referee early in the match.

And we score!! Flat pass that :ph34r:

Mister Wright

I don't think it's for the Friday night games really, I think other clubs were a bit pissed off at the consistency of their schedule. A week turnaround between games regularly must be of some benefit to the players.
This week is also the first time this season we get the 10 day turnaround. Playing every Friday night aint that great also. As I've mentioned previously would love to see the Broncs play some more day games. Also, nobody seems to concerned the Bulldogs have had three straight Friday night games.

Spikey

It's a contact sport and things can go wrong. In all my years of footy I have never seen a player practise the shoulder charge in training.
uh ennis, this isn't a good thing. you've got a type of uh attack i guess that can ruin lives...and you don't even practise it?!?! like it seems you maybe wanna br a pro before you start dishing out the shulder charge! jesus christ man! come up with a better defence bro!

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
It's not something that's possible to perfect though. They usually go wrong when a the attacker is falling, changing the expected point of impact (Inglis' shot is a good example of that). You can't train for that.

I think the NRL mostly has the response correct. It's a spectacular tactic, great to watch and part of the physical intimidation that's important to the sport, but it's dangerous. So penalize it harshly when it goes wrong. Keep players in two minds before attempting it.

howardj

International Coach
Suspensions in the NRL are just ridiculously long

If that bloke gets 17 weeks tonight, I will whistle dixey (what is that?)

morgieb

The big problem with Inglis's suspension is the consistency. Is it that much worse than the other shoulder charges this season?