• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
the smith -> cronk -> back inside to slater play will be back in the rack

nsw by 24
Yeah of course it will be back in the rack with Slater not playing.

A new play will emerge though called the STI TRY - Smith, Thurston, Inglis TRY!! Not to be confused with St George Illawarra who are NSW like in attacking ability.

QLD by 14.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Going on The Courier Mail definition of what constitutes poor attacking ability QLD were NSW-like in attacking ability in the 2nd game. Two tries off kicks and not much else.

Reckon Inglis will be chosen fullback though and he'll go better than he has been at centre. Has more room to move, and I reckon he tends to go missing at times when he's playing in the centres. Until he pops up for the match-winning try that is, I think 'STI Try' would be an appropriate name for it too - start off as an itch deep in your own territory and then spreads right across the playing area.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
just got to see half of the nrl on fox recap last night and one thing I noticed was when cronk came back on and made that tackle on b.stewart in our in goal, inglis was actually leading the chase by a good 10m and was beaten by 20m by cronk. he had one of his lazy efforts.

so Inglis at fb could be devastating, but could also be quite lazy. Has the added disadvantage of not having the club combination with smith and cronk.

cliffs: not worried about inglis
Lol. Not much point Inglis matching it with Cronk if Stewart gets away from Cronk. He was holding up to make sure he was there if Cronk missed.

BTW..Souths looked really good tonight. How bad were the Eels though?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Parra went back to what they were four weeks ago. We signed the wrong half back from Souths.

Rabbits have a fantastic side if they ever put it together for 80. Massive, mobile forwards, decent halves and rapid backs with Inglis playing in his most dangerous spot.

uvelocity

International Coach
Just saw Dave shillington coming back from the beach. Wonder what he's doing here. Signing for the titans? **** he's a big ****

Simon

Parra went back to what they were four weeks ago. We signed the wrong half back from Souths.

Rabbits have a fantastic side if they ever put it together for 80. Massive, mobile forwards, decent halves and rapid backs with Inglis playing in his most dangerous spot.
Been away two years and not much has changed for the poor Eels, I feel for you Burgey.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Been away two years and not much has changed for the poor Eels, I feel for you Burgey.
And a 40-0 drubbing at the hands of younger, stronger, faster, fitter and better looking brother (emphasis on better looking) this weekend isn't going to help either.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
And a 40-0 drubbing at the hands of younger, stronger, faster, fitter and better looking brother (emphasis on better looking) this weekend isn't going to help either.
After the three Origin matches, the Penrith v Parramatta match(es) is/are the match(es) I look forward to most every year these days. And I don't even actually follow either club. Honorary Panther for the day(s) though, obviously. Repeat of Round 4 please.

Last edited:

benchmark00

After the three Origin matches, the Penrith v Parramatta match(es) is/are the match(are) I look forward to most every year these days. And I don't even actually follow either club. Honorary Panther for the day(s) though, obviously. Repeat of Round 4 please.
Such a **** sentence.

Burgey

Yeah it's been crap. The changes at board level have done nothing for the club, it's just replaced one form of nepotism with another. They can't even attract former juniors back now when they're offering them a pay increase. Still, got to stick solid, even when they're ****.

Zip it ****. Penrith one of the few clubs which approaches Parra for disfunctionality.

Tipping a 0-0 draw ftr.

uvelocity

International Coach
how funny was it to see that parra hasnt won away from home in 20 weeks or something and penriff only 2 from their last 11 at home 0-0 draw was predicted

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
0-0 is just so unlikely with those 2 teams, given their poor defensive abilities.

I weirdly enjoy watching the western derby too, but the match of the round is definitely Dogs vs Storm in Mackay.