Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1375

Thread: *Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

  1. #46
    International 12th Man Julian87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ashfield
    Posts
    1,663
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    Sorry but any system that allows for the possibility of 4 v 5 and 3 v 6 being inconsequential games, is ridiculous.

    It's the pointy/exciting end of the season. To have inconsequential games is ridiculous.
    But they're not because they used to play before the 7th and 8th places teams did.

  2. #47
    International 12th Man Julian87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ashfield
    Posts
    1,663
    Tigers are no chance with that sorry excuse for a front row.

  3. #48
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,280
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian87 View Post
    Tigers are no chance with that sorry excuse for a front row.
    sauce best prop in the game
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . For support rather than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

  4. #49
    International Captain Ausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I'll show ye!!
    Posts
    5,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Hasn't Lui gone to the Cowboys?
    Yep. Bashed his missus for the second time in a year and the Tigers tore up his contract.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

    Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

    RIP Craig


  5. #50
    Global Moderator Prince EWS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    The Colonies
    Posts
    42,642
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Hasn't Lui gone to the Cowboys?
    Yes, that was my point. He's gone, so even though he wasn't a bad player, it'll improve the side because he wasn't a natural halfback and he was a terrible fit for Marshall.
    ~ Cribbage

  6. #51
    International Coach morgieb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Dishing out broken ****ing floggings
    Posts
    10,680
    Still probably a crap fit for Thurston though.
    5-0

    RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

    Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

  7. #52
    International Captain Ausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I'll show ye!!
    Posts
    5,182
    Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    Still probably a crap fit for Thurston though.
    Only insofar that it ensures that they have two halves that can't tackle.

    Is he even going to be first choice up there? I know Cows fans have huge wraps on Thompson.

  8. #53
    Hall of Fame Member Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Justice For The 96
    Posts
    19,139
    FAO Brumby - what rights do Sky have this season?

    Also, can anyone point me in the direction of a decent RL website? Gonna try and get back into league this year but I hate watching sport and not understanding tactics.

  9. #54
    Hall of Fame Member NUFAN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Marrickville
    Posts
    17,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian87 View Post
    Tigers are no chance with that sorry excuse for a front row.
    Groat doesn't excite me at all, but Galloway and Woods are very good footballers. I think the Tigers did the right thing in letting go Gibbs and Fifita in order to keep these 2.

    Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    sauce best prop in the game
    lol, I wouldn't go that far.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Your man Walsh signed for another couple of years earlier in the week. Really looking forward to watching him under Cleary. It looks like Flash has come back from his ACL the same player and I reckon Burns will be ousted by Austin (the kid looks absolutely gun) or Seijka at some point this year. We could be a bigger threat than most people are crediting.
    It's difficult with Burns as he was quite good last year. I actually started to almost warm to him as a 6 - previously I thought he played like a backrower or possibly hooker. Austin to me seems more backrow than 6 too. He looked good from what I saw last year though. With Plum out he'll push for a starting spot, but I have a feeling Cameron Ciraldo is going to start in the backrow and do quite well. Seijka could take over from Burns at 6 though if form dictates.

    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Also, can anyone point me in the direction of a decent RL website? Gonna try and get back into league this year but I hate watching sport and not understanding tactics.
    The official site nrl.com is reasonable. foxsports.com.au has a league section and they are normally quite fast at finding news stories. I'm sure others will find their info on other sites.

    Who do you go for GF?

    Also, I've joined the Dream Team Comp, an 18 character team name always limits my creative name ideas.

  10. #55
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    44,411
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    FAO Brumby - what rights do Sky have this season?

    Also, can anyone point me in the direction of a decent RL website? Gonna try and get back into league this year but I hate watching sport and not understanding tactics.
    Well, now. I thought NRL was coming back onto Sky this year, but it seems I'm mistaken. It's still on Premier Sports (Sky ch 433), which is another stand alone fee channel.

    Sky does have the rights to the Anzac test, State of Origin series and the NRL grand final, but not the meat and potatoes of the weekly rounds.

    leagueunlimited is pretty good for all things NRL.
    - As featured in The Independent.

    "Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

  11. #56
    Hall of Fame Member Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Justice For The 96
    Posts
    19,139
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    The official site nrl.com is reasonable. foxsports.com.au has a league section and they are normally quite fast at finding news stories. I'm sure others will find their info on other sites.

    Who do you go for GF?

    Also, I've joined the Dream Team Comp, an 18 character team name always limits my creative name ideas.
    Don't have a team as such; used to watch a bit of Super League in the late 90s and have started watching it again recently. Was hoping to catch a bit of NRL as Brumby said Sky have the rights, but turns out that probably won't be the case.

    So I'll probably end up supporting one of the teams that make the Grand Final. Would definitely back NSW in State of Origin though

  12. #57
    Englishman BoyBrumby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Posts
    44,411
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Don't have a team as such; used to watch a bit of Super League in the late 90s and have started watching it again recently. Was hoping to catch a bit of NRL as Brumby said Sky have the rights, but turns out that probably won't be the case.

    So I'll probably end up supporting one of the teams that make the Grand Final. Would definitely back NSW in State of Origin though
    WAC.

    I'm sure I didn't imagine it's return tho. I've either been sold a pup or got the wrong end of the stick. Anyway, sky does have a magazine-style NRL round up show called NRL Full Time, which is back on March 8th.

  13. #58
    Hall of Fame Member Furball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Justice For The 96
    Posts
    19,139
    In my defence, of the blokes I used to work with, NSWelshmen > Queenslanders.

  14. #59
    International Coach uvelocity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    seamy road
    Posts
    11,280
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    lol, I wouldn't go that far.
    stop being such a nufan

    Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    NSWelshmen > Queenslanders.
    WAG

  15. #60
    International Captain Ausage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    I'll show ye!!
    Posts
    5,182
    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    It's difficult with Burns as he was quite good last year. I actually started to almost warm to him as a 6 - previously I thought he played like a backrower or possibly hooker. Austin to me seems more backrow than 6 too. He looked good from what I saw last year though. With Plum out he'll push for a starting spot, but I have a feeling Cameron Ciraldo is going to start in the backrow and do quite well. Seijka could take over from Burns at 6 though if form dictates.
    Thing with Burns is he does some ridiculously awesome things. The field goal charge down which gave us the win against the Dogs last year is a good example, but he comes up with big plays in defense on guys with 20 kilos on him regularly. Trouble is if Walsh is playing a solely organizing role Burns doesn't provide any creativity, and actually often blunts the attack with poor passes or by running a bad line. Then our only attacking threat comes from Lewis, Gordon or from a kick. Willing to give both the halves a chance though because it's hard to know how much of their faults (in particular Walsh) were down being badly coached.

    Not sure what to think about Ciraldo. Has the frame but never impressed me with it at the Knights. Could go either way.

    Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    Also, I've joined the Dream Team Comp, an 18 character team name always limits my creative name ideas.
    WAG.

Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. ***Official*** DRS discussion thread
    By morgieb in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1873
    Last Post: 20-09-2013, 11:32 AM
  2. CW Players A-Z
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum CW Development League
    Replies: 316
    Last Post: 09-05-2007, 11:35 PM
  3. Replies: 1328
    Last Post: 30-03-2006, 02:45 AM
  4. Clubs Press Releases
    By Slats4ever in forum World Club Cricket
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 13-04-2004, 06:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •