Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: *Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

International 12th Man Julian87's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj View Post
    Sorry but any system that allows for the possibility of 4 v 5 and 3 v 6 being inconsequential games, is ridiculous.

It's the pointy/exciting end of the season. To have inconsequential games is ridiculous.
    But they're not because they used to play before the 7th and 8th places teams did.

International 12th Man Julian87's Avatar
    Tigers are no chance with that sorry excuse for a front row.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian87 View Post
    sauce best prop in the game
    "He uses statistics as a drunken man uses lamp-posts.. . For support rather than illumination. " - Andrew Lang (1844-1912)

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Hasn't Lui gone to the Cowboys?
    Yep. Bashed his missus for the second time in a year and the Tigers tore up his contract.
    Fighting for peace is like screwing for virginity.

Too many bones, not enough CASH!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZwgu8_b0Vw

RIP Craig

Quote Originally Posted by Burgey View Post
    Hasn't Lui gone to the Cowboys?
    Yes, that was my point. He's gone, so even though he wasn't a bad player, it'll improve the side because he wasn't a natural halfback and he was a terrible fit for Marshall.
    ~ Cribbage

Still probably a crap fit for Thurston though.
    5-0

RIP Craig Walsh (Craig) 1985-2012

Proudly supporting the #2 cricketer of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by morgieb View Post
    Still probably a crap fit for Thurston though.
    Only insofar that it ensures that they have two halves that can't tackle.

Is he even going to be first choice up there? I know Cows fans have huge wraps on Thompson.

FAO Brumby - what rights do Sky have this season?

Also, can anyone point me in the direction of a decent RL website? Gonna try and get back into league this year but I hate watching sport and not understanding tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian87 View Post
    Groat doesn't excite me at all, but Galloway and Woods are very good footballers. I think the Tigers did the right thing in letting go Gibbs and Fifita in order to keep these 2.

Quote Originally Posted by uvelocity View Post
    sauce best prop in the game
    lol, I wouldn't go that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausage View Post
    Your man Walsh signed for another couple of years earlier in the week. Really looking forward to watching him under Cleary. It looks like Flash has come back from his ACL the same player and I reckon Burns will be ousted by Austin (the kid looks absolutely gun) or Seijka at some point this year. We could be a bigger threat than most people are crediting.
    It's difficult with Burns as he was quite good last year. I actually started to almost warm to him as a 6 - previously I thought he played like a backrower or possibly hooker. Austin to me seems more backrow than 6 too. He looked good from what I saw last year though. With Plum out he'll push for a starting spot, but I have a feeling Cameron Ciraldo is going to start in the backrow and do quite well. Seijka could take over from Burns at 6 though if form dictates.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerFurball View Post
    Also, can anyone point me in the direction of a decent RL website? Gonna try and get back into league this year but I hate watching sport and not understanding tactics.
    The official site nrl.com is reasonable. foxsports.com.au has a league section and they are normally quite fast at finding news stories. I'm sure others will find their info on other sites.

Who do you go for GF?

Also, I've joined the Dream Team Comp, an 18 character team name always limits my creative name ideas.

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    FAO Brumby - what rights do Sky have this season?

Well, now. I thought NRL was coming back onto Sky this year, but it seems I'm mistaken. It's still on Premier Sports (Sky ch 433), which is another stand alone fee channel.

Sky does have the rights to the Anzac test, State of Origin series and the NRL grand final, but not the meat and potatoes of the weekly rounds.

leagueunlimited is pretty good for all things NRL.
    - As featured in The Independent.

"Predictably, the ending of his international career did not end the argument about Pietersen's merits, as an army of informed commentators and Piers Morgan weighed in to defend or attack him."
    - The Guardian's Andrew Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    The official site nrl.com is reasonable. foxsports.com.au has a league section and they are normally quite fast at finding news stories. I'm sure others will find their info on other sites.

Who do you go for GF?

Also, I've joined the Dream Team Comp, an 18 character team name always limits my creative name ideas.
    Don't have a team as such; used to watch a bit of Super League in the late 90s and have started watching it again recently. Was hoping to catch a bit of NRL as Brumby said Sky have the rights, but turns out that probably won't be the case.

So I'll probably end up supporting one of the teams that make the Grand Final. Would definitely back NSW in State of Origin though

Locked inside my opium den, surrounded by some Chinamen
    Don't have a team as such; used to watch a bit of Super League in the late 90s and have started watching it again recently. Was hoping to catch a bit of NRL as Brumby said Sky have the rights, but turns out that probably won't be the case.

So I'll probably end up supporting one of the teams that make the Grand Final. Would definitely back NSW in State of Origin though
    WAC.

I'm sure I didn't imagine it's return tho. I've either been sold a pup or got the wrong end of the stick. Anyway, sky does have a magazine-style NRL round up show called NRL Full Time, which is back on March 8th.

In my defence, of the blokes I used to work with, NSWelshmen > Queenslanders.

lol, I wouldn't go that far.
    stop being such a nufan

NSWelshmen > Queenslanders.
    WAG

It's difficult with Burns as he was quite good last year. I actually started to almost warm to him as a 6 - previously I thought he played like a backrower or possibly hooker. Austin to me seems more backrow than 6 too. He looked good from what I saw last year though. With Plum out he'll push for a starting spot, but I have a feeling Cameron Ciraldo is going to start in the backrow and do quite well. Seijka could take over from Burns at 6 though if form dictates.
    Thing with Burns is he does some ridiculously awesome things. The field goal charge down which gave us the win against the Dogs last year is a good example, but he comes up with big plays in defense on guys with 20 kilos on him regularly. Trouble is if Walsh is playing a solely organizing role Burns doesn't provide any creativity, and actually often blunts the attack with poor passes or by running a bad line. Then our only attacking threat comes from Lewis, Gordon or from a kick. Willing to give both the halves a chance though because it's hard to know how much of their faults (in particular Walsh) were down being badly coached.

Not sure what to think about Ciraldo. Has the frame but never impressed me with it at the Knights. Could go either way.

WAG.

Page 4 of 92 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread Information