• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Grant, Watmough named for Origin II | NRL, Rugby League, NRL Scores, NRL Ladder | Fox Sports

NSW SQUAD FOR STATE OF ORIGIN II

1. Brett Stewart

2. Jarryd Hayne

3. Michael Jennings

4. Josh Morris

5. Akuila Uate

6. Todd Carney

7. Mitchell Pearce

8. Tim Grant

9. Robbie Farah

10. James Tamou

11. Glenn Stewart

12. Greg Bird

13. Paul Gallen (c)

14. Trent Merrin

15. Luke Lewis

16. Ben Creagh

17. Anthony Watmough

-----

Watmough and Grant in for Williams and Burher. Happy with the balance of this side. Wish Creagh was dropped but it is the 2010s Tupou. It doesn't matter how crap he is, he will always get selected while Stuart is coach. Hopefully Grant gets more then just one or two games and get a chance to develop as Orgin player. Rather then get shafted after one or two games, like every other front rower in the last 10 seasons.

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
blergh. not much between grant, galloway and woods. would rather they went for one of the tigers, galloway on experience or woods as I think he's the pick of the three.

josh morris did his rush up and miss and cause a try last night, he is a worry. watmough is good, but is he fully fit?

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
?

Not sure what that has to do with my post. That shouldn't have been a try either. Nobody said there have never been mistakes made the other way. Shall we dig up some Barry Gomersall classics?

It's funny that everyone was second-guessing whether it was a try or not, and then Robbie Farah comes out and says he wasn't trying to play at the ball when he moved his foot across in front of Inglis...so, to the letter of the law, no try then?

Edit: ahhh, I get it. Two tries down...with only 32 mins to go. It's comparable to two down with 7 to go I guess. Not much difference.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Best NSW side in a very long time. NSW finally getting it and going with loyalty. Shame for them the QLD team will most likely be unchanged and can play a **** load better than they did in the first game.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Had a feeling about the Titans but didn't go with it.

Brother in law is a big Eels fan and won $50 odd on the Eels @ $2.65. I shudder to think about how much he's blown on them this year if he gets stuck in to them at that price. Came off for him I guess.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Huge news.

Timing is probably about right. It's very important that the game gets away from the image that it's tainted by News Limited, and that was never going to happen with Gallop at the helm.

Hopefully they recruit a strong, positive leader.

howardj

International Coach
My Phillip Street spies have leaked me some names on the shortlist:

- Michael Searle
- John Ribot

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd take PEWS head and shoulders over any of the other names mentioned.

I'd take Benchy over any of the names mentioned though. :ph34r:

social

Huge news.

Timing is probably about right. It's very important that the game gets away from the image that it's tainted by News Limited, and that was never going to happen with Gallop at the helm.

Hopefully they recruit a strong, positive leader.
Massive slap in the face for Gallop being given the pink slip in the middle of SOO and TV negotiations

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Surely that's the issue though, the Commission aren't happy with his influence in this regard (TV rights), whether that be direct or indirect. Something has gone seriously haywire here considering in February he signed a four year contract.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
?

Not sure what that has to do with my post. That shouldn't have been a try either. Nobody said there have never been mistakes made the other way. Shall we dig up some Barry Gomersall classics?

It's funny that everyone was second-guessing whether it was a try or not, and then Robbie Farah comes out and says he wasn't trying to play at the ball when he moved his foot across in front of Inglis...so, to the letter of the law, no try then?

Edit: ahhh, I get it. Two tries down...with only 32 mins to go. It's comparable to two down with 7 to go I guess. Not much difference.
The best Gomersall ever was in that epic game in the wet at the SCG in the 80s, the one when Dowling caught that miracle ball off the cross bar and dived over (was there that night).

Qld had a drop out, and no one could kick the ball ten yards as it was the old leather type. So they're under th goal posts and the King tells Dowling to distract Gomersall, which he does. As Gomersall looks away, having blown the whistle, the King punts the ball about 40 metres down field.

Fantastic stuff.

Also, Tim Grant (Y)