• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
luke lewis thing is interesting. isn't necessarily a terrible idea, but it seems the way they've told lewis/the public has been terrible

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
The media were always going to use words like "axed" and "stood down". Every quote of Cleary was glowing talk about how this will help a player he has a ton of respect for. It was one of his better games today too.

I'm just annoyed it was Kingston who got the nod instead of Timmeh.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not going to lie and say I was his biggest fan as a player, but he always seemed a good bloke and gave 100% for my team. **** thing to happen to anyone and I hope he's ok.

What's with all these sports starts having heart attacks? First Muamba, there was that guy who died on the field in a Serie B match, now Purts.

uvelocity

International Coach
sausage I mean there are plenty of club captains in origin and they dont get stood down over the period

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
sausage I mean there are plenty of club captains in origin and they dont get stood down over the period
Ahh so the sarcasm detector is still working, good news. :ph34r:

But yes completely correct.

I think Cleary is trying to stamp out issues we've got with players having power, which is where the whole Jennings thing comes from. I can't see how someone like Lewis needs to be smacked down though.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Does Fittler have an official role with anyone at the moment? Or does he just make appointments with the power-brokers as a FOG?

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Fittler doesn't have an official role, and I think roaming around as a FOG is probably where he's best suited. He's not the sharpest tool in the shed ol Freddie.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It can be mate, but it's unlikely. NSW still tried to throw the ball around when they had it, You're more likely to come up with one try in that time than two. That's why it made a difference. Just out of interest, how many times have teams come back to score two tries and win the game on the back of a contentious decision at the very back end of the game? It knocks the wind out of your sails a bit. Especially when you've got to get the ball back before you have a crack at the opposition line.

I love how QLD have a mortgage on 'spirit' now you've won 6 in a row too...the old QLD spirit wasn't too evident after a 56-12 loss and 3 series losses in a row. But now it's all we hear about haha The fact of the matter is, NSW will lose more than they win while they don't have a decent halfback - 5/8 combination and QLD have 13 players in the test team. It is nice to have close games though, and last Monday's game was good to watch. There are no excuses for NSW not being able to find players capable of winning games however.

It hasn't been proven by the letter of the law to be a try because of one simple fact - it depends entirely on what Robbie Farah was trying to do with his foot. It comes down to whether you assume he was trying to kick the ball or not. As far as I know, Robbie Farah hasn't said much on the matter yet, if anything. Everyone else is just guessing.
State of Origin Refereeing Disgrace - YouTube

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Looked like it's hit his chest and onto Thurston to me. At the very least you can't be sure if it's hit Hodgson's arm after the chest, so at worst it's benefit of the doubt.