• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
by his low (SOO) standards, merrin wasn't terrible. glen stewart was disappointing. does buderus come back if fit?

i know the headline will be about the try, but i really didn't think we looked like getting over through skill.

Burgey

by his low (SOO) standards, merrin wasn't terrible. glen stewart was disappointing. does buderus come back if fit?

i know the headline will be about the try, but i really didn't think we looked like getting over through skill.
Can't agree with that. Think these are two very evenly matched teams.

uvelocity

International Coach
we kept runnning across to the right, and kicking back to the left. needed more running it over to the left for me

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can't agree with that. Think these are two very evenly matched teams.
Yeah I agree, we went very close when Jennings kicked ahead actually. I guess one good thing about the decision is that the Stewart try wasn't one. Otherwise we would've lost 18-16...although the whole scenario changes if Inglis's try isn't awarded.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah were pretty good I thought. The better team in the first 20, worse in the second after the momentum was lost due to the sin bin. Thought we shaded the second half as well.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I don't think Merrin or Stewart were that bad. Both got outclassed by Tamou and Bird/Lewis. But I can't see the potential alternatives would do better.

Burher was waste of selection by only playing five minutes. Reckon Gallen would have more effective with a break and an extra front rower in TLL. And well Watmough over Creagh any day of week.

I was always find it sad that Pearce once again had a better game in defence then attacked. Apart from Toovey I don't think any other halfback has been so much better in defence then attack. Though I can't see Wallace or Mullen being any better in attack, unless we pick a better front row.

I don't think we could have played much better and we still never really looked like winning. I don't think the Inglis try would have made much a difference, if it was disallowed. Honestly it is time to prepare for 10 in row.

PS any other Kiwi forward want to play for NSW, we will take you in heart beat. Reckon the NSWRL should pay half of SBW salary if he plays for Blues.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol'd so hard at the Inglis try. If it makes Robbie Farah do his **** it's always the right decision imo. NSW were clearly the better team tho' imo, just couldn't finish to save themselves - the QLD forwards were for the most part terrible, Petero & Scott in particular.

Oh and Tate was robbed of MOTM, terrific match from him.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah JT should have gotten MoM. He's usually the default pick when there's no standout but he got Qld points when they had the position which was the difference in the end.

Edit: Actually yeah Tate was awesome.

Last edited:

Burgey

I don't want to see NSW load their pack with big boppers. The more mobile blokes ran rings around the lumbering Qld dinosaurs. Tamou and Williams did their thing on the back of that. Buhrer aside I'd keep the same side tbh.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah, Tate for me. Was rock solid under the high balls and ran nice sraight lines to make holes for others.

Thurston loses marks for being a jibber. Backs wearing scrum caps is so ghey.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Myles completely deserved it in my unbiased opinion.

My unbiased opinion is up for sale though. Standing bid at $510.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Yeh, pretty similar game to what we've seen in recent times, QLD take their chances and NSW make some silly mistakes, but NSW probably had more of the general play than most of the recent games.

benchmark00

My sources indicate that c00ps has been asked to come out of representative retirement to don the blue jersey for the rest of the series.