• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
They were doing this segment on the show where players (and now it looks like hosts) try to pass a football through a cardboard wall with a hole and the further away from the hole the less points they get. Anyway...he wasn't getting balls fast enough and he said ****en Hell! (F word)
They forced him to wash his mouth out with soap on air on MMM tonight. :laugh:

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah you can. Came on here to say he should have been playing Wednesday, not tonight. Poor bugger. Horrible luck.
Was thinking the same thing.

Lets hope we don't get any more injuries to NSW 2nd row. We could end up with another back-size 2nd rower in Hoffman. You know you can't have another normal size 2nd rower (Watmough) or even a front rower that can play 2nd row in TLL.

Oh well, really looking forward to tomorrow night's game. Reckon we might even score a try or two.

Watch this space for Dugan getting called up from NSW Cup, if Stewart gets injured. We need a few more drunks in the Blues side. At least Carney and Jennings will have someone else to drink their sorrows with.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What the World Was Like Last Time New South Wales Last Won an Origin Series

1. John Howard was Prime Minister of Australia
2. Peter Beattie was Premier of Queensland
3. George W. Bush was President of the USA
4. Tony Blair was Prime Minister of Great Britan
5. Roger Federer only had 6 Grand Slam Titles (now 16), Rafael Nadal 1 (now 10), Novak Djokovic made his Grand Slam debut in 2005.
6. Shane Warne & Glenn McGrath were still part of the Australian Cricket Team & Michael Vaughan was still full time captain of the English test side.
7. The IPL was yet to run its innagural tournament.
8. Brad Pitt & Jennifer Aniston were still married.
9. Powderfinger were yet to release their last two albums and have since broke up.
10. The Transformers Franchise had yet to release their first movie.
11. Myspace was more popular than Facebook & a tweet was something a bird did.

Feel free to add your own to the list.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
13. So-called 'QLD Spirit' was associated with other imaginary things like the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus. :ph34r:

howardj

International Coach
There are school kids running around today who were never even alive when NSW last won an Origin series

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wonder when the last time NSW picked 4 front rowers was.
We actually picked four props in every game last year (if you count Gallen as a prop anyway, which I certainly do) but the third and fourth props got very limited game-time and we stuck second rowers (not even including Gallen as one) in there anyway. If you don't count Gallen as a prop (which is stupid, but anywho) then Game I 2010.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As I like to always share my greater wisdom with the cerebral lightweights who plague CW on a regular basis, I would like to inform all League loving members (ie those CW members who aren't lightweights) that I am in Moruya on the south coast for work.

Along the banks of the river is a statue of none other than Michael Weymann, apparently a local product. As most will know, Weymann is out for the year with a knee injury. So of course a local wag has placed a bandage on the knee of said statue.

This is a great country.

Link to photo...