• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2012 Season thread

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I can't believe the didn't pick Sims. They finally recognise there is only a handful of players in NSW with the talent to get close to the Queensland side and pick Hayne and Jennings purely on talent. But don't pick Sims over Creagh.

Would prefer an extra front rower in TLL over Burher.

I'm sure we will still lose, but at least we are not going to lose trying to defend for 80 minutes.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Buhrer is this years WTF selection. There's always one. Decent player but nowhere near Origin quality. Reckon they see him as a utility for some reason. Creagh is just depressing, but somehow unsurprising. Reckon Watmough is unlucky too, he's always been pretty good value in Origin. Yet again we go in with 3 front rowers and one of them is Trent ****ing Merrin.

Don't mind the Jennings selection. The media don't actually watch Penrith games, and just see that he's been dropped to NSW cup, hear it's for performance reasons and assume he's been going **** all year. He hasn't, he's been going well and we have **** all options there anyway. It's him or Idris folks.

Glad they picked Farah. About time people realize that Ennis isn't an "origin player" and just a **** **** with a ton of grub in his game, not to mention a mange player.

howardj

International Coach
My Qld Team (don't watch a lot of league so may have missed somebody obvious, or included somone who is injured):

Slater
Tate
Hodges
Inglis
Boyd
Thurston
Cronk

Scott
Smith
Petero
Miles
Thaiday
Johnson

- Parker
- Hennant
- Taylor
- Gillett

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Oi howardj! My spies tell me this will be the team named at 6:30:

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Thaiday
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. Gillett
15. Hannant
16. Shillington
17. Taylor

18. Cherry-Evans

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
On the plus side, I think it's the fastest back line NSW has picked in years.
Actually reckon the 1-13 are fine, probably as good a team as we could pick. It's the single prop on the bench, the fairy princess and our quota WTF selection that are the problem.

howardj

International Coach
Oi howardj! My spies tell me this will be the team named at 6:30:

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Civoniceva
11. Thaiday
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. Gillett
15. Hannant
16. Shillington
17. Taylor

18. Cherry-Evans
oooh, you have good spies

well done

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Massive game by Tim Grant tonight for Penrith. One of the best front rower's games I've seen this year. Superb.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
McKendry and Weston were very good too. We have a pretty good front row when it doesn't contain Danny Galea.

Pretty damn happy with that. Showed a lot of determination despite the refs coming out of the closet as Dragqueens. Deserved to win by more.

uvelocity

International Coach
they didnt score enough points early when they had all the ball, but showed heaps of fight and I was actually happy to get my tip wrong.

on the not scoring enough points thing, there's no way you couldn't put jennings back in (assuming the attitude stuff is fixed up) talk about leaving him in nsw cup because panthers won is silly. daniela was great in defence though, been a fan of his for a while.

Last edited:

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
It should have been more pressure but we got smashed by penalties as the Dragons worked it out of their own end. On another night a few of those chances would have been converted (Danielas two no trys were unlucky, Mansour (who was otherwise awesome) dropped the ball as he was putting it down).

Jennings has to come back, and I'd replace him with Tighe who's just ordinary.

uvelocity

International Coach
yeah agree with that. Tighe was going to be the next big thing but has done sfa.

how was lewis when they raked it out "oh turn it up" ref sent him packing.

uvelocity

International Coach
oh yea gee up. hah knew it was something. Was a dead set rake though. They showed a lot of heart especially on their own try line. dragons, and fien in particular were poor for most of the game though.

A lot of pretty ordinary last tackle options late from penrith too, guess they ran out of puff. Tim Grant getting the ball on the last a couple of times not in the playbook.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
A lot of pretty ordinary last tackle options late from penrith too, guess they ran out of puff. Tim Grant getting the ball on the last a couple of times not in the playbook.
Yeah not sure if that one was Austin calling to early and not being where he should have been, or Kingston being too slow and losing concentration which happens a bit. Possibly a bit of both.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The players defending on Thurston's side will be Mark Gasnier and Beau Scott.

never4get